Digging a swimming hole in my yard....

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Today, hubby and I had to level out the ground to put up our pool. We live on a creek and our yard slopes down hill and very hard to find a flat spot in the yard. Well, we tilled and raked and tilled and racked....we were off by about 2 inches, but I think we will be ok....the pool is filling :)

Anyways, I had to get the detector out...found lots of nails, some roofing/siding ones (those with those plastic colored round ends with the nail sticking out...all these were orange in color)...anyways, also found a pair of old pliers. Very coroded, maybe I can clean it...it was pretty deep. Our yard was once part of a large farm and our house is near to location of where a barn use to be. Our house was built in 1965.

Then while raking, I see something in the ground and it's red and yellow...it was an old cracker jack whistle. I remember getting these in my cracker jack boxes. My camera is down right now, cause I can't find my charger to charge up my batteries >:(....so I searched the net...this link is exactly what I found >>> http://www.rubylane.com/shops/theantiquechasers/item/8410-8

I suspect it's about 1960's time frame....cause that's when I use to eat alot of cracker jacks ;D

I love it....right now, I have it soaking in water to loosen up the dirt....now, to clean my pliers,,,,,if I can!

This might not be much of a treasure to anyone else, but it sure is to me...when I find my battery charger, I'll take a pic! But that link is exactly like the one I found in the yard and actually, mine seems to be in better condition!!!

Have a great weekend ya'll,
Annmarie

Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice job, get r cleaned up a toot that thing! :tard: jgas

Top Member Reactions