First hunt this year - gold and silver

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hey everyone! Well, I finally got out this year for the first time today.

I have been pursuing other things this year so far as explained here
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,172725.0.html
I guess I will let the treasure build up at all my potential hunting sites, we'll see. In the past two seasons, I have hunted 95% of the schoolyard woodchip areas (my specialty) within 25 miles of my house.

I went out early this morning and hit two schoolyards that I had hunted in 2006. I was kept busy and had a lot of fun. I wanted to get out and make sure everything is working well because next weekend I am supposed to go to a friend of a friends house and look for their lost jewelry in their back yard for them. He said that their grand daughter got into grandma's jewelry box and scattered it all across their back yard. They have found two of the items by eye and asked how much I charge for my detecting services. Of course, there will be no charge. Hopefully, I will recover a lot of her items and seeing her happiness if I doo will be pay enough for me.

I was rewarded with a few keepers. At the first school, very near the end of covering all the woodchips two swingpaths out from the swings, I found a nice gold pendant. It's marked 417 which is 10K. It's a fairly large and says "it's a boy" and it is. :D . Just goes to show you, you have to keep your concentration up 100% of the time, right to the last swing. I also found two gold US $1 coins there too and a bunch of other junk jewelry and coins. At school 2, I started off quick finding a nice ring under the swings right after beginning. It's marked 925 and has a nice heart shaped citrine gemstone. Later on, near the slide ladder, I found a heartstopper. It's another gold pendant, a Krugerand gold coin pendant. I looped it when I got home and the coin says "copy" on it so it's not pure gold although the pendant is marked 14k so the coin probably is too as it doesn't have any corrosion on it. It's a beautiful find and made my day. I also found a sterling bead link there.

So it was a great day out there. 3.5 hours hunting time. A few nice keepers, a small collection of trinkets too, a scoobydoo elongated penny... cool!, one Chuck-E-Cheese and two other tokens, and 136 coins for $11.00 face value.

Here's a few photos. Thanks for reading.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• 03AUG08 T.jpg
    03AUG08 T.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 930
  • 03AUG08 F.jpg
    03AUG08 F.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 934
  • Aug 3rd keepers.jpg
    Aug 3rd keepers.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 931
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
tymcmurray said:
Great hunt!!
Welcome back and good luck with your other endeavors!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the visit Ty, appreciate that buddy!

Smiles!
BDoo

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off I'd like to wish you the Best of Luck Bdoo....Second....You still know how to ride that bicycle Buddy!!!Glad to have you back around.Can't wait for the "TOT-LOT" find's to start rolling in,alway's some killer find's.Congrat's on an excellent start my friend :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
civilman1 said:
First off I'd like to wish you the Best of Luck Bdoo....Second....You still know how to ride that bicycle Buddy!!!Glad to have you back around.Can't wait for the "TOT-LOT" find's to start rolling in,alway's some killer find's.Congrat's on an excellent start my friend :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot CM, appreciate the visit and friendly comment!

Smiles!
BDoo

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
YAY so glad to see ya back! :wav: Very nice finds as well.....of course yours always are! :wink: Welcome Back!! ~hugs~

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a fantastic day! I have found less in eight hours of hunting!

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Came back to reclaim that crown, didn't ya, BD???

Well, you did, "King of the Woodchips". You haven't missed a beat.

Great finds as always.

DM

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
I wondered where you were, Bdoo! It is good to see you out and hunting with the gold and silver jewelry fever again! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Kyle

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Sometimes you need to stop writing that poetry, get out and dig in the dirt, find some gold and silver and refresh your imagination!! Congrats on finally getting out and on finding both gold and silver!!

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
Well welcome back Bobbydoo, I've been wondering where you were. Congrats on some nice Gold :thumbsup: Hope to see more. Aloha

toolman61

May 31, 2008
that was an excellent 3.5 hr. hunt!! Very nice finds indeed!! And thats quite alot of clad. Looks like you got some nice hunting spots! HH Tom

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bdoo.......A great day at the tot lots indeed!!! Congrats on the GOLD!

RJ

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey BDoo,
what a fantastic hunt you have had, but, I am not suprised to say the least, excellent finds my friend and I love the little citrine ring too.. thats purdy.. course all the jewels n moola add up too.. nice to hear from ya and look foward to seeing some more of your great finds when you have the time.. congrats to you on your poetry too..

booty

get-r-dug

Jun 17, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
That silver "bead" actually looks like one of those Pandora charm bracelet charms or spacers...I got my son's girlfriend one for Christmas last year and a couple of those beads or charms and it was kinda expensive....... look for http://www.pandoracharmbracelets.com may not be but it looks like one to me. cool finds

grd

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Welcome back Bobby, long time no see. As usual, nice haul! Hope to see more of your finds buddy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread