Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a sweet SLQ WITH a date. FINALLY! :thumbsup:
What a great day..and I'm glad niterider_58 was there with me.
I started out by finding my DEEPEST silver dime ever...a true 11" down 1892 Barber dime. :thumbsup: Dang..missed a seated by one year.
A lot of you may have found deeper coins...but for me..in this area and soil...10" has been my deepest until now. This baby was a true 11" deep and I measured it with my lesche. It was 1/2" from the very tip top of the orange handle. :thumbsup:
When I dug the hole...and kept going...I thought there was no way it could be a coin. Even when I ran the probe and it still sang...I kept thinking there was no possible way a little coin could be this deep and still be picked up by the SE. I was shocked and to be honest...it means just as much as the capped bust dime I just dug a couple of days ago. I have never hit an 11" silver dime until now. :wink:
We plugged along a while longer and popped out a few wheaties...then I hit the washington quarter at 9" down.
A few minutes later..a guy Phil knows stopped to chat with us and gave us permission to hunt another site. We were in the car and gone within 5 minutes! :icon_sunny:
We arrived at the site and I saw right where I wanted to start searching. I no more than turned on the SE and moved maybe 3 feet and hit the sweet Barber quarter. :D Phil was about 30 feet away so I called him over to see it come out of the ground.
He then started to walk back to his spot...but before he could get 10 feet away. I yelled..."another deep silver hit..and it's a screamer". :D
He turned around and headed back to see what it was going to be. The target was less than 10" away from the Barber hit...and it was a silver screamer sound...yippee. :thumbsup:
I dug a deep plug and started to remove some of the dirt when I thought I saw a silver rim. I said so to Phil and his face lit up...but then I saw nothing..so I thought it was a mistake. ??? By this time Phil is 3/4 way in the hole and in my way...ha ha. ;D ;D I start to move some more dirt and Phil says "holy sh##...I see silver". All of a sudden...there's FOUR hands in the hole instead of two ;D :D
He started to mumble some gibberish...and starts using both hands like a dog looking for a bone. We were like 2 kids with 2 stupid grins on our faces as the dirt was flyin'. He uncovered it thank goodness..cause' he was about to scrape holes in my hands. ;D ;D I told him to go ahead and pop it out of the clod to see what it was...like I had a choice. :D He then said it looked lt was a slq...so I asked him to set it in my hand so I could check it myself since I've never found one with a date. He said from seeing the back of it...he thought it would be nice. When I turned it over my face lit up and we started high fiving each other. FINALLY a BLAZER with a 1920 date that looked like it was dropped last week. :thumbsup:
He then reminded me I was a seated quarter away from the quarter grand slam...but it wasn't to be. ???
Geez...I've found some nice coins over the last couple of years...but in the last 30 years...NO dated slq until now. This was one of the most memorable hunts I have ever had...just a couple of days after finding the bust dime...and it would have been nearly meaningless if Phil wasn't there to share in the fun. I'm glad he has an understanding wife. My girlfriend is pretty cool about me hunting as well. Thanks for viewing the post and sharing my fun. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• standingliberty.jpg
    standingliberty.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,025
  • standinglibertyback.jpg
    standinglibertyback.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,020
  • coins84.jpg
    coins84.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,043
Upvote 0

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Big guy, you always amaze me with your wilver exavations. :icon_sunny: I am glad to see that you got a dated SLQ; I found a 1928 two years ago.

You have been having some great outings recently. On Saturday, you found an 1831 wilver dime, and today you go out and yank out handfuls more...and two are Barbers. :thumbsup:

Now, get out there and get us the slam in wilver quarters. :thumbsup:

Kyle

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Those are some great finds, Bryce. Really love those quarters, all I have ever found is a washington. A SLQ and Barber are really on my list. Hope you find that Barber on your next hunt. WTG
JDD

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bryce...

I love you ... :-*

No wait ... I hate you ... >:(

Ok ... I love you ... :-*

Man ... I hate you ... >:(

Oh what the Hell ... My Righteous Brother from across the River ... I love you Man ... :'( :'( :'(

Dude YOU ROCK ... I better give up poetry for tie-dye & a Harley ...

~ Nick ~
:sign10: " Dude YOU ROCK ... I better give up poetry for tie-dye & a Harley "... Awesome Buddy,You're killing the silver Man :thumbsup:

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW thats an awesome story as i read , it was like i had my hands in that hole to ! Great story and awesome finds silverfreak :o not much silver around here for me to pop out but i have dug up wheaties at 10" and man thats alot of digging with a digger :tongue3: hopeing that my new se pro coil will come in from backorder so i can crank my se way up and see how that bad boy does :icon_pirat: congrats silverfreak YOU DA MAN :thumbsup:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
What a day you had! Just awesome!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello SF!
Great day! No, great week!
You are getting the hang of the SE for sure and that new coil is making for a fine trio!
That SLQ looks like it was minted yesterday!

GRB

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Big guy, you always amaze me with your wilver exavations. :icon_sunny: I am glad to see that you got a dated SLQ; I found a 1928 two years ago.

You have been having some great outings recently. On Saturday, you found an 1831 wilver dime, and today you go out and yank out handfuls more...and two are Barbers. :thumbsup:

Now, get out there and get us the slam in wilver quarters. :thumbsup:

Kyle
Thanks Kyle. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone hitting all four in a day...but man it was close. I just feel lucky that Phil didn't tear my hands off diggin' for the coin ;D

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Bryce...

I love you ... :-*

No wait ... I hate you ... >:(

Ok ... I love you ... :-*

Man ... I hate you ... >:(

Oh what the Hell ... My Righteous Brother from across the River ... I love you Man ... :'( :'( :'(

Dude YOU ROCK ... I better give up poetry for tie-dye & a Harley ...

~ Nick ~
;D ;D Nick...your response 'bout made me fill my shorts :D That made me laugh my arrs off :D
Thanks buddy

diggerfororo

Jul 29, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6-CZ20-Whites surf PI
Nice dig Bryce. I have been out of town for a few days and haven't read or replied to any posts. That is a super SLQ. I don't think I have seen one any better in the 40+ years I have been digin. We will be leaving for Spain on the 31st and won't be back till Oct. 22 so you keepon diggin. I will check on the forum while I am over there and will try and post some finds.

"May there always be a road"

Les

TimC (North Alabama)

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2007
Cullman, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelabs-Garretts-Fishers-Teknetics-Whites-Nautilus-Tesoros'
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That thing looks great, like it was minted yesterday. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great hunt, congrats on the nice silver, not a quarter slam but a tifecta with a mint SLQ. looks like you and your buddy had a blast WTG :thumbsup:
Glenn

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW dude! Very VERY nice! That's very exciting! And the Barber quarter?! That's one I'm still searching for! CONGRAT'S!!!

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, they do sink, depending on the soil. Great job on the recovery :thumbsup: Its been a good month since my last silver so im having withdrawls. But ive been cleaning up on the the indians and LC`s
those finds you have would put me on cloud 9

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
The fun just never stops, does it!! ;D ;D :icon_king:

Bryce, you have been kicking some major butt lately on the silver. What a memorable week....bust dime, 11" dime, silver quarter trifecta!!

Awesome!!

Congrats also on your first ever dated SLQ. She's a beauty!! It looks so clean! Better than your '34 Washington.:thumbsup:

Keep up the great work, buddy!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread