New Ace 250 Kicks A!

LBJ

Jul 14, 2006
Got back out today for 3 hours after work. I have gone thru my front and back yard many times with my old Garrett detector from 1985. I found quite a few coins today, some 4 inches deep! But, most of all, I found my first SILVER ring! It is a child's ring and says STER inside with a trident like logo above it. That was pretty cool to find. It was about 2 to 3 inches down. I am not sure really because I was looking for it to be a coin and missed it entirely out of the hole. I had to go back over the pile with the Ace to find whatever it was. Man, that was great. Found several cents, but all 1960 and newer. One cent was 4 inches down. My old Garrett never went that deep. Good to know the Ace is capable of that. Found a Putt Putt golf token from 1981. Interesting to find in the yard. Got an old heavy metal liquor bottle cap that was mangled. Couple of other things too. I am tired.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and glad the ace is doing well for you. I might sell some of my detectors but the ace will be one that won't be sold. HH and GL

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
way to go LBJ ! thats a very nice ring and there might be more out there waiting for you :thumbsup: go slow and that ace will find some deep stuff :wink:

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
I've also recently bought an Ace 250 and I love it. As you noted, silver rings register with the coin tone. Just keep working and experimenting with it and you have a lot of great finds ahead of you. Good luck.

Indianhead Jones

Jul 28, 2008
Revere, Massachusetts (5 Miles North of Boston)
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum/White's Eagle II
Nice finds....beautiful ring! It's nice to see that otheres are using their "old reliables"!! I have a 20-year-old White's Eagle II that works as well today as it did when it was new! Although I have upgraded detectors, I still fire up the 'ol Eagle II and alwaysmake good finds with it! :thumbsup:

Larry

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ace will go a LOT deeper than 4" on coins! go slow and dig everything in your own yard

R

RUDY2003

:thumbsup:Great diggins' LBJ!!! Super ring too...
You are gonna tear em up with the Ace....

Keep safe...

Keith

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
nice job on the silver ring! Wait until you get a Minelab Explorer SE. You will be getting clad coins at 7-8 inches down. Congrats on getting the new machine! :thumbsup:

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Detectingfreak said:
nice job on the silver ring! Wait until you get a Minelab Explorer SE. You will be getting clad coins at 7-8 inches down. Congrats on getting the new machine! :thumbsup:

I wish I was still living up in Anacortes. I would show you clad finds at 8 inches with an Ace250. I B.S. you not, as it happens quite frequently. My deepest was a silver find at 10 inches in black sandy loam that turned out to be a very old and quite valuable opal set in sterling. Rang up like a dime over and over and I actually thought that was what I was digging.
HH ~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions