wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
finally got some dive time in and things are getting interesting indeed. found our 4th axe head, a very old hammer,2 musket balls and a swivel gun ball. also found a brass keg or barrel tap,some odd hollow lead tubing, another colour button and a button or clasp with 2 hooks on the back. also found a hollow copper piece that I think was the tip protector for a bayonette sheath and a very nice sterling silver hair clasp. add a bunch of rusty old metal sheathing and about 20lbs of sinkers.

beachfindsjulyaugust2008.jpg

and last but not least this really cool copper indian with 3 turquoise stones, and yeah I looked very hard in near zero visability for number 4.

copperindian.jpg

happy hunting to all.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking axe head. How old is it?

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found the match to your keg tap minus the handle a year or so ago. There was also one pictured in last months American Digger which was found in NJ.

Are the items under the tap ship spikes? I've found a few on the beach but was not sure what they were.

NJ

OP
OP
wwwtimmcp

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
the things under the tap are lead tubes for ? the axe age is a good question, I plan on contacting the states archaeologist and have him look at all 4. the hammer is pre 1800 for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread