DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, so some of you knew I went to Ocean city MD for vacation and wanted to see what I got. Its hard to say that I didnt find the jewelery we all look for, but it was fun none the less. Whats in the picture are two toy cars, 2 fishing weights, two junk earings and a disney castle charm that went on a necklace or sumthin, $6 in quarters, 41 pennies, 18 dimes, and 5 nickels.

Attachments

• 293.jpg
    293.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 646
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
It all adds up. That car is cool stuff. HH jgas

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i went down in July and had a rough time finding any jewelry as well. in 7 days of hunting twice a day i only found 1 silver earring. ::) i dont know why but its much tougher down there than it has been in years past.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I didn't make it down this year Bobby,Still a pretty good Haul....Like Hollow said,only one Silver for me,must be too many people like us.Lot's of competition down there during the Summer ;D :thumbsup:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob, I was down at Ocean City, MD at the end of July also, and detected the beach, and was kinda dissappointed. I found the same stuff you did, just a bunch of clad, and an earing, and usual toys.

I stayed at the Rodeway Inn on 28th street, 1 block from the beach and boardwalk. But I had a good time, as I'm sure you did too. I saw alot of detectorists though, after 4 or 5 pm.....................Rich

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, well at least im not the only one. I had a blast there, it was awesome. I still have places to detect around here, so it wasnt a huge blow, at least i found stuff.

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Further up north on Delaware beaches the recent pickings have been real slim too. It started out pretty strong with the jewelry but has since tapered down significantly.

Pete

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard bethany beach still had some good stuff

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...i didnt know war stuff was found on that beach. Someone was just telling me about jewelery. I also heard on here that after a storm old coins might be able to be found in ocean city.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never knew how many people have actually been to ocean city. I've been askin on here before about people who've been there, but maybe that was on a less active topic, lol.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You bet. I enjoyed it tons, wish i was still there, lol. But now I gotta focus on places to detect around here

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grew up going to Ocean City when I lived in MD, as a kid. They still have those weird ass flea looking mini crab things in the sand? Freaked me out when I was really little. If you've seen them, you know what I'm talking about. Cool finds,
CurbdiggerCarl

Yeasty

Oct 22, 2007
DELAWARE
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, CTX-17, CTX-6, E-Trac, Explorer SE , Sun Ray X-1 probes, FBS 800, WOT, Garrett Pro-Pointer and modified David Clark headphones
Yes!! Sand Fleas! Great bait!

Pete

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread