1854 Seated Liberty In my Backyard!!

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still shaking from digging this coin..You guys will not believe this one. My 1yr old lays down for his 2 hr nap around 10 or so. I decided to go out into the backyard and do some MD'ing...I have hunted my yard with the Ace 250 for awhile. Also with the Fisher f75 in DE mode. That is the factory settings. Well I decided today to set the F75 in JE mode which is High Gain Jewelry mode. Well I wasn't out there for 10 minutes when I got this deep barely legible signal. Right next to a previous Ace 250 hole. I dug down about 8 inches and there sat this dull looking silver disk. I haven't seen many silver coins before so I was like what was this...I look down and see 1854 and I about wet my pants...I yelled out YEE HAWWW...oh yeah... I ran inside and run some water over the coin and found that it was a Seated Liberty quarter...I freaked.. It is in such good shape to be 154 years old..OMG...That is old. I hope you guys enjoyed the story and the pictures...Also my house sits atop our citys old Fairgrounds so hopefully the Metal Detecting gods will let me find some more old stuff back there...Enjoy.. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1834.JPG
    IMG_1834.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 834
  • IMG_1835.JPG
    IMG_1835.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 841
  • IMG_1836.JPG
    IMG_1836.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_1837.JPG
    IMG_1837.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 824
Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg you lucky dog..and right in your own backyard... git a backhoe... lordy I would be digging ever square inch of that yard.. wtg :thumbsup:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea she is beautiful, you should have some more gifts from the gods there but. That gift came from The God ;D :D

Keep @ it and HH!!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome coin, congrats!

R

RUDY2003

Fantastic diggins'!! Wonderfully potential site you got there....

Keep safe...

Keith

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Awesome find,

Very rare to come across also. I'm sure there is more out there.

HH Jer

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats AWESOME!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
thats awesome! Dude you must of been like what the!? I would of loved to see the look on your face when you found the coin! :) Congrats!!! :) May I wish you many more good finds to come! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife will be home after 3 so I will be back out. There is only one problem..As soon as the neighbor turns his satelite on ..I can't use JE Mode anymore. It picks up interference from the satelite. Hopefully he won't have it on. The ole F75 is sensitive. But she is paying for herself...I find some more of these I will be doing good. Only thing is the signal is so faint. I'm still learning her language.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
OH Yeah!!!!! Congrats!! Nice Coin. Oh, and I have a pair of wire cutters for the neighbor's satelite. You are welcome to borrow them.

Fairgrounds!! My Favorite. Congrats again!

Mp

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Awesome!!! Love that story!

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
OH Yeah!!!!! Congrats!! Nice Coin. Oh, and I have a pair of wire cutters for the neighbor's satelite. You are welcome to borrow them.

Fairgrounds!! My Favorite. Congrats again!

Mp

Don't give me any ideas...You guys think I should grid the area where I found this coin. Take the grass off the top, scan...Dig a little deeper, scan again..And so on..What would you guys do?

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Wow everyones finding the oldies this week. Sweet coin man and yeah I would grid but would hunt like crasy before destroying your lawn, Your wife might rap your detector around your head hahahahaha j/k. Hunt early or late at nite to get around the satelite and very good luck to you!! HH Tom

collector01

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2008
snow hill, MD
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It feels good seeing them old coins come out doesn't it? Nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread