MDin with Kilika

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Kilika and I have been corresponding for several weeks about coming over to the east-side of Washington state for some detecting and getting away from the hustle and bustle of work. Plans where made to show up Sunday afternoon, meet my better half, put belongings in motorhome and do some detecting. Our first stop was a small park north of where I live. We both picked up some lose clad pocket change for our effort. Back home for some dinner, then sat down to determine our plan of attack for tomorrow morning. After quick breakfast, we head northward for an old abandon town, which turned out to be only a railroad stop and a lot of iron, nails, bolts and other junk. Our map showed the road continuing northward, but a large sign noted "No trespassing beyond this point". Back track then continue our journey in hopes of brighter detecting grounds. Arrived at state park, filled out necessary paperwork, then given instructions on where to hunt by park ranger. More clad, then down pour. Hid out in truck until rain passed then back to detecting. We both picked up more clad coinage, with Kilika finding several Canadian pennies. Trip back home base we decided tomorrow would prospect with hopes of finding a mine dump for some detecting beings we both have GMT's. Arrived at river then down to river bank for some detecting. Water deep and fast due to dam/falls with only junk finds. Kilika wanted to visit Nighthawk beings we were so close, so off we went. Town now consist of two farm occupied farm houses and one out building post "Keep Out". A quick lunch at a nearby lake then off to find a mine we noted on our map. Again, posted sign stating "Private Property on Both Sides of Road to Canada". We managed to find one mine site and made notes to find owners. Back track to river for panning. We both panned out some samples and found small flacks of gold. Day light was running out, so we loaded up a buck of dirt for separating at home.
Kilika and wife got along wonderfully (wife trusts me) and enjoyed playing the one arm bandit one night. In the end, Kilika is a wonderful person with a great personality that I can say I found a new prospecting/detecting buddy.

Attachments

• Krisdetpark.jpg
    Krisdetpark.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 284
  • Krisdetwf1.jpg
    Krisdetwf1.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 277
  • Mine.jpg
    Mine.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
OP
OP
49er

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
Sorry, forgot to post my finds of $1.62.

Attachments

• Cladfinds.jpg
    Cladfinds.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 310

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like having that kind of trust, huh? :thumbsup: Looks like you two had a great time. Thanks for sharing your adventure!!

Nana :)

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Nice job on the clad! To bad you guys did not find any old relics or coins yet. Glad you got out and had a nice hunt! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread