New Site = Colonial Coppa + Relics

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Forum, :D

Hey, guys, just like my good bud Captn_SE always says, I must admit, there have been some great finds being made on Tnet lately. Keep it up, dudes! :thumbsup:

Today, the "Three Datectateers" got out to a new site that Colonial Zoyboy had researched. Before I relate the story of the day, Colonial Silver Zeus had secured permission to hunt the site the day before, so we all arrived today and introduced ourselves. Our hunt started off kind of slow, since we still had to locate the site EXACTLY! :wink: :D So, for about 2 hours, I really had nothing to show for, but you all know, that is my style, baby! :thumbsup: :D John Walter style!!! :D

After our break and a 30 minute chat with the landowner...we "Shoot the S***" for awhile about our hobby and related some treasure hunting tales...heck, we even brought up our idol, John Walter! LMAO :D I bet you all know who brought him up...Colonial Zoyboy, :D we got back to the hunt. Yup, after another 45 minutes, I soon yelled out, "Button!" (it was dug at a depth of 7" in suuuuper dry dirt...NO MAX :wink:) :D Then, that was when it all fell into place...the iron patch was at our coils! :thumbsup: :wink: :D Iron Patch, gotta love ya', man! :D I will purchase a pair of flip-flops in honor of you, man! :wink: :D

I was soon welcomed with a nice "E" on "Dime" hit that pinpointed at 5". Yup, yup, after standing up and sweeping the dug out Colonial dirt, I soon heard the super loud hit...it was in the dirt and still reading "E" on "Dime." I knew it was a coppa! :wink: :D Yup, it turned out to be a greenie in the soil...a nice 1775 King George III coppa! :icon_sunny: As you can see, some Colonial dude was bored and punched two holes in George's jib. :wink: :D :D :D ;D The coin turned out to be in nice condition due to the fact that we were hitting a grass field. :wink: :D This recovery got my Colonial blood a pumpin' :wink:, so I kept focusing on my signals. :D

About 10 feet from the coppa, I got another nice Colonial reading. This part of a shoe buckle popped out of the plug...check out the ornate design on it! :thumbsup: This is, by far, my best-looking shoe buckle! Darn, too bad it is broken! :'( :D

Oh, before I forget, I also found a 1943 Walking Liberty half dollar and a 1927 Mercury dime. (Not Pictured)

As always, gentlemen, keep the passion high! :thumbsup:

Kirk :icon_sunny: :wink: :D

KG002.jpg

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flip flops are great to chicken dance in. :D Looks like an attempted whizzer not followed through on. I have an ole Georgie they were successful at getting the two holes in.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kirk,
Great job Buddy. I see you are back on top of your game. :icon_king: Way to go on the old coppa.
Your uncle should get into sales. :wink:

-Doug-

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,
Great job Buddy. I see you are back on top of your game. :icon_king: Way to go on the old coppa.

-Doug-

yeah and sell me those Colonial finds. :thumbsup: :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,

-Doug-

yeah and sell me those Colonial finds. :thumbsup: :D

:occasion14: ;D

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
You looney, :D :D

I'm glad that you broke out of that Colonial slump. You deserved that King George III coppa. :icon_sunny: You are a true pro at listening for the iron patch and then digging up those Colonial artifacts in true pro fashion. :D

Now, let's find a few more next weekend. :thumbsup:

Snicket

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great day buddy. :wink: It's nice to pull up a coppa with some detail. :icon_sunny: The farm fields really tear them up with the fertilizer and all. I bet you guys get a few more coppas there next time you go.

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
ModernMiner said:
Kirk,

-Doug-

Thanks, bud, for the reply. It sure is nice to be back at the coppa hunt! :thumbsup:

The shoe buckle I found is dated around 1780-1790ish...that got me pumped as well! :thumbsup:

I wish you luck on your next CW hunt! :wink:

Kirk

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
"Hey SHNOOP" You had a kickass day you looney derogatory term for a fatherless son. OOOOF. What a day. I thought I had you beat but no you had to one up me a few minutes later with that beauty of a Castanza ((Georgie).Yur back baby and better than average, well..fair to mudlan at least. OOOF. Is Kyle going to post or what?
Shnits

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Evolution said:
Sounds like you had a great day buddy. :wink: It's nice to pull up a coppa with some detail. :icon_sunny: The farm fields really tear them up with the fertilizer and all. I bet you guys get a few more coppas there next time you go.

Rob,

Hey, buddy, ya getting out lately? :icon_scratch: You must hit those coppa fields with your usual passion, man! :thumbsup:

The thrill of the day was seeing the green disc in the dirt! :thumbsup: You know what that looks like! :wink: :thumbsup:

Keep researching and searching!

Kirk :icon_sunny:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Colonial KirkPA said:
Evolution said:

Rob,

Hey, buddy, ya getting out lately? :icon_scratch: You must hit those coppa fields with your usual passion, man! :thumbsup:

The thrill of the day was seeing the green disc in the dirt! :thumbsup: You know what that looks like! :wink: :thumbsup:

Keep researching and searching!

Kirk :icon_sunny:
It's been a little while since I got out bud. On top of that, my digital camera crapped the bed the other day. I was camping out and somehow something got pressed up against the LCD screen and now the thing is shot. I'm hoping for a few good fall hunts after the fields have been harvested for the year.

Rob

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Colonial Silver Zeus said:
"Hey SHNOOP" You had a kickass day you looney derogatory term for a fatherless son. OOOOF. What a day. I thought I had you beat but no you had to one up me a few minutes later with that beauty of a Castanza ((Georgie).Yur back baby and better than average, well..fair to mudlan at least. OOOF. Is Kyle going to post or what?
Shnits

Schniiiitz,

We will probably find some more next week. I just have that feeling that there has to be more in that Colonial dirt! Indeed, it is nice to be digging free of cornstalks and weeds. :tongue3: :wink: :D

You are the Draped Bust god! That has to be about 5 or 6 for you this year. :o :D

Kirkevans :D

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
I'm glad that you broke out of that Colonial slump

Hey, buddy!! Your bro is right....you have broken out of your Colonial slump, and are now primed for some major Colonial excavations.

Congrats on your Georgie III, along with your other oooold finds!!

I clearly remember you telling me how busy you have been, but I see you still have the PASSION for Datecting!!

Good luck on your next outing, my friend from PA!! Hope you and Stacia are doing well!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Iron Patch said:
Flip flops are great to chicken dance in. :D Looks like an attempted whizzer not followed through on. I have an ole Georgie they were successful at getting the two holes in.

:D :D :D

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
I'm glad that you broke out of that Colonial slump

Hey, buddy!! Your bro is right....you have broken out of your Colonial slump, and are now primed for some major Colonial excavations.

Congrats on your Georgie III, along with your other oooold finds!!

I clearly remember you telling me how busy you have been, but I see you still have the PASSION for Datecting!!

Good luck on your next outing, my friend from PA!! Hope you and Stacia are doing well!!

CAPTN SE
Dan

Dan,

Hey, my friend, what's up? I am still super pumped about my finds. I have my King George in my hand at this moment and can't stop glaring at his jib. :D This is what the hobby is all about! :thumbsup:

I just have a good feeling that you will be seeing a lot more of these type of finds from our group very soon. The crops will be harvested! :thumbsup:

I hope you strike some more wilver! You are truly the SE god! :wink:

I know you are keeping your passion high! :wink: :thumbsup:

Kirk

OP
OP
Colonial KirkPA

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Iron Patch said:

Wayne, :icon_scratch: :D

I hope your toenails are trimmed short before you wear those flip-flops. :tongue3: :D :D LMAO

Those punch marks on my coin just prove what Colonial dudes did at times of extreme boredom. :D ;D Actually, I believe this King George is a Regal coppa. :thumbsup:

Kirk :icon_study: :icon_sunny:

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Coppa Total for The Three Datectateers:

Colonial Silver Zeus: 10
Colonial Zoyboy: 10
Colonial KirkPA: 8
Total: 28

Since we are probably going to excavate many more in the fall, we are setting a goal of 60 for the group. We only get out one time per week, so we are going to have a challenge ahead of us.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Colonial Zoyboy said:
Coppa Total for The Three Datectateers:

Colonial Silver Zeus: 10
Colonial Zoyboy: 10
Colonial KirkPA: 8
Total: 28

Since we are probably going to excavate many more in the fall, we are setting a goal of 60 for the group. We only get out one time per week, so we are going to have a challenge ahead of us.
I relish the challenge. I did it now ....Now i'm thinking hotdog. Always hungry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread