5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello my friends!!

The heat has really limited my hunting time for the past month, but I'm still getting out for a few hours here and there when I can, and each hunt has been a lot of fun. This 21 consecutive hunt silver streak has really challenged/pushed me to find at least one silver coin during each hunt in the turf. So far so good. I struggled yesterday to find 1 silver coin, and after digging 14 wheaties(ranging in dates from '21-'58), along with a bunch of 60's memorials/'65 dimes, I found my coin, a '60 Rosie. :D The silver ring I recovered yesterday was a pleasant surprise. It sounded like a deep wheatie. I believe it's an older style, and was down at a depth I was digging '40's-'50's wheaties, around 6". The other Rosies, along with a '41 20 Centavos were found last week at my #1 hot spot; same as yesterday. :headbang:

Earlier this week, I wanted to give my local beach a try with my Explorer. The SE worked great in the wet/dry sand. My best find was the small 10K ladies nugget ring.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue my streak at this park. It's bound to skunk me soon after recovering over 106 silvers from it this year. Either way, it's going to end where it started. I'm not going anywhere else....gotta go to the spots that reward you the most.

I like the sound of 22, though. ::)

Thanks for looking!!
Keep the Passion High! :thumbsup:

CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2901_sm.jpg
    IMG_2901_sm.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_2903_sm.jpg
    IMG_2903_sm.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 821
Upvote 2

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul!!! :thumbsup:

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
106 Silver ??!! ??? :o I think I found less than 6 silver this year.... What the....mumble mumble, grunt grunt....!! :icon_scratch:

Awesome finds, :D

Keep @ it and HH!!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice batch Captn,

You got some nice silver sites. Do you still hunt with a group of buddies. And do they turn up as much as you do. Have you tried hunting any of the wooded area's in your parks. I've found lots of old coins in those areas as well as the open groves.

HH Jer

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heck of a string of silver finds! Congrats!!!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Awesome

Dan the Wilver Man, :headbang:

Hey, buddy, I see that you are keeping that great streak alive. You are definitely the BEST park hunter in the world! :thumbsup: Wow, 106 wilvers from one park...you better slow it down or there will be no more wilver for you a couple years from now. :D You are that good, dude! :thumbsup:

Have you seen the new E-trac? I bet you are thinking about upgrading! :wink: :D

You must keep your streak alive! Go get 22, my friend! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Keep your coil low and your passion high! :sunny: :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy: :blob10: :blob3: :blob8: :toothy2: :wav:

Kirk

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds as always my friend :thumbsup:
Hey didn't you hear what was stated somewhere else?......The guys that find the most silver are the ones who hunt in ferrous tones with no iron mask ;D
Dang buddy...I guess you and I are doing it all wrong. No wonder we don't find many silver coins ;D :D
;D :D :wink: ;D :wink:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice Haul!!!! Very nice! Keep that silver coming! Why would you want to go anywhere else yet? Please keep posting the finds!
Good Luck
HH!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
WAAAHOOOO, the Captain's streak is still going...and going...and going...21 times to boot!!!! :notworthy: :occasion18: Dan, you are truly amazing! That park is getting cleaned out by the best park hunter ever! :icon_salut: If you were detecting in 1970, you would have close to 20,000 wilvers by now. :occasion14: Heck, the way you're going, 20,000 wilvers is getting closer and closer! :wav:

You, my good friend from SoCal, are the best!!! :thumbsup:

Now, let's keep that streak going!

Keep that fever higher than ever, buddy!

Kyle

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats remarkable Dan. :thumbsup: I dont hunt for silver much myself but I have done it in the past and been skunked more often than not at places that should produce silver. Your persistence and skill is definitely paying off. That park wont have any silver left when you are done with it. Future treasure hunters will be banging their heads against the wall :BangHead: trying to pull silver out of that park.

Rob

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Wow Captn Dan! What a streak! :icon_king:

I can't imagine keeping it going for that long, but I just checked out yout 2007 totals and I couldn't believe my eyes. That streak is no surprise to me now! Here's to keeping it going solid through the rest of the year! :occasion14:

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
22 sounds good to me Captain! Go for it man! And congrats on keeping the streak alive!

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day of hunting there. Congrates!
CurbdiggerCarl

Top Member Reactions