5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2007
    Southern CA
    Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
    11 times

5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

Hello my friends!!

The heat has really limited my hunting time for the past month, but I'm still getting out for a few hours here and there when I can, and each hunt has been a lot of fun. This 21 consecutive hunt silver streak has really challenged/pushed me to find at least one silver coin during each hunt in the turf. So far so good. I struggled yesterday to find 1 silver coin, and after digging 14 wheaties(ranging in dates from '21-'58), along with a bunch of 60's memorials/'65 dimes, I found my coin, a '60 Rosie. The silver ring I recovered yesterday was a pleasant surprise. It sounded like a deep wheatie. I believe it's an older style, and was down at a depth I was digging '40's-'50's wheaties, around 6". The other Rosies, along with a '41 20 Centavos were found last week at my #1 hot spot; same as yesterday.

Earlier this week, I wanted to give my local beach a try with my Explorer. The SE worked great in the wet/dry sand. My best find was the small 10K ladies nugget ring.

I'm not sure how much longer I can continue my streak at this park. It's bound to skunk me soon after recovering over 106 silvers from it this year. Either way, it's going to end where it started. I'm not going anywhere else....gotta go to the spots that reward you the most.

I like the sound of 22, though.

Thanks for looking!!
    Keep the Passion High!

CAPTN SE
    Dan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2901_sm.jpg 
Views:	777 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	230210   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2903_sm.jpg 
Views:	768 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	230211  

Mar 2008
    Chicago IL
    Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
    87 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

Nice haul!!!
    Come check out my MD'ing videos:
    http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend

us
    Apr 2006
    Bellevue, WA
    Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
    21 times

Re: 5 Silver, 17 Wheats, 1 Gold/1 Silver Rings, 21 Hunt Silver Streak Still Alive!!

you are the man yet again!!! Very nice job on the silver and the gold 10k ring!!!
    justin berg likes this.
    Anyone can make life interesting you just have to go out there and do things instead of sitting on your butt doing nothing. Second quote: Life is about trying new things not just standing around.

us
    MUD(S.W.A.T)

Apr 2005
    I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    894 times
    Banner Finds (1)

106 Silver ??!! I think I found less than 6 silver this year.... What the....mumble mumble, grunt grunt....!!

Awesome finds,

Keep @ it and HH!!
    TAG: MUD(S.W.A.T)
    GEAR: Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
    EXPERIENCE: About 9 Years
    E-MAIL: mudswat1979@yahoo.com
    "Where you find Silver, you should find Gold."

us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac Xp Deus Ctx 3030 Whites Dfx
    1415 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice batch Captn,

You got some nice silver sites. Do you still hunt with a group of buddies. And do they turn up as much as you do. Have you tried hunting any of the wooded area's in your parks. I've found lots of old coins in those areas as well as the open groves.

HH Jer

Dec 2007
    Tierra del Fuego
    Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
    24 times

WoW!

What a great ratio!

Congrats!

Best
    rmptr
    I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.

us
    Sgt Jim ................................... "Prince of Pennies"

Sep 2005
    Chillin' in the Panhandle (Leon County)
    Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
    12 times

That's a heck of a string of silver finds! Congrats!!!
    We are slaves of the law so that we might be free. -Cicero

THE LAST PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION WAS NOT A CURE FOR AMERICA'S PROBLEMS, IT WAS A SYMPTOM OF THE DISEASE!!!!

us
    Apr 2007
    Colonial, PA
    White's Pro XL
    7 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Awesome

Dan the Wilver Man,

Hey, buddy, I see that you are keeping that great streak alive. You are definitely the BEST park hunter in the world! Wow, 106 wilvers from one park...you better slow it down or there will be no more wilver for you a couple years from now. You are that good, dude!

Have you seen the new E-trac? I bet you are thinking about upgrading!

You must keep your streak alive! Go get 22, my friend!

Keep your coil low and your passion high!

Kirk

us
    Aug 2008
    Southeastern PA
    DFX 300 - DX-1 Pinpointer
    1 times

Seems like everyone is getting silver. How bought some Gold now Dan....Turn it up a notch!
    Way to go.
    Ry

us
    Mar 2008
    SOUTH WEST OHIO
    whites XLT

Nice
    if theirs treasure I will find it!!!

us
    Jan 2008
    Pennsylvania
    36 times

keep going....i dont think your done just yet

Charter Member
    Bryce-IL

Aug 2007
    Wherever Silver's Hidin'
    Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
    400 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Awesome finds as always my friend
    Hey didn't you hear what was stated somewhere else?......The guys that find the most silver are the ones who hunt in ferrous tones with no iron mask
    Dang buddy...I guess you and I are doing it all wrong. No wonder we don't find many silver coins

My field test of the Sunray X-5 coil is published in the May 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Sunray X-12 Coil is published in the June 2010 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My field test of the Coiltek 5x7 Coil is published in the July 2012 Issue of Western & Eastern Treasures.

My "Deep Coin" Explorer settings, and finds are published in Andy Sabisch's Minelab Explorer & E-Trac Handbook.

Here's the story of my BEST FIND EVERhttp://www.treasurenet.com/forums/be...find-ever.html

us
    Jul 2008
    East Jordan, Michigan
    Minelab Etrac & Quattro
    14 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Nice Haul!!!! Very nice! Keep that silver coming! Why would you want to go anywhere else yet? Please keep posting the finds!
    Good Luck
    HH!

us
    Kyle PA

Apr 2006
    PA
    White's XL Pro 6000
    11 times

WAAAHOOOO, the Captain's streak is still going...and going...and going...21 times to boot!!!! Dan, you are truly amazing! That park is getting cleaned out by the best park hunter ever! If you were detecting in 1970, you would have close to 20,000 wilvers by now. Heck, the way you're going, 20,000 wilvers is getting closer and closer!

You, my good friend from SoCal, are the best!!!

Now, let's keep that streak going!

Keep that fever higher than ever, buddy!

Kyle
    Those early PA settlers did too much and that is why coppas are found in abundance!

The Three Datectateers will miles to find the Colonial "stuff"!

KirkKyleChris (KKC) and to those long-forgotten, coppa-dropping settlers!

So many old sites to hunt....so little time.

Aug 2007
    Upstate NY
    Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
    2190 times
    Banner Finds (1)

Thats remarkable Dan. I dont hunt for silver much myself but I have done it in the past and been skunked more often than not at places that should produce silver. Your persistence and skill is definitely paying off. That park wont have any silver left when you are done with it. Future treasure hunters will be banging their heads against the wall trying to pull silver out of that park.

Rob
    Best Finds:

1786 Vermont Landscape Copper (Ryder 7 variety)
    1787 Vermont Copper
    1787 New Jersey Copper (Maris 63 variety)
    1797 and 1804 DBLCs
    George Washington Inaugural Button (GW 1 type)
    1872 Indian Head Cent (VF/EF condition)
    1866 Indian Head Cent (EF condition)
    1864 "L" Indian Head Cent
    Hard Times Tokens---2
    1840 Gen. Harrison Campaign Token
    1832 Nova Scotia Halfpenny Token
    Two cent pieces---7
    1721 King George I
    1732 King George II
    Barber Half dollars---3
    War Of 1812 Shoulder Belt Plate

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast