Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After weeks of living vicariously through other people's posts of their great finds, I said enough is enough. Between starting a new job bartending, complete with day and night shifts, I have had little time to detect. A place nearby where I live recently was given the okay to detect. We had been there before the trespassing signs had been posted, but save for a Seated Half, nothing substantial was ever dug there. Way too much trash, ground hard as stone, the usual excuses to find somewhere easier to dig. They are now starting to prepare the land for condos, and have been starting to dig up the area. Hit the area early Saturday morning, and after about five minutes, dug a 1905 V-Nickel. Nothing amazing, but always a good sign. Next appeared a 1900 Cheyenne Frontier Day souvenir badge, in great shape. The constant lighting of my votive candles was starting to pay off. Then a 1899 Indian, followed by one of the ugliest cameo broaches that I've ever dug. (Bright red, made out of plastic, or celluloid) Then the usual junk, scrap brass, buttons, etc. Then I dug my very first railroad baggage claim, a Union & Central Pacific Railroad's. It has a "Thomas Patent Feb 19th, 1867" imprint on the top of the tag. That got me going. Soon after, i dug a slightly larger claim tag, with "Western Transfer Co. Claim" on it. I have found no info on this piece so far, so any help would be appreciated. Lastly, I dug a 1854 bank of Canada half cent token, which common back East, is an unusual find fo Denver. No silver, no gold, NO TOKENS, but it's been awhile since I've dug anything decent, so I'm very happy. Will be out there tomorrow, hopefully I'll have more to show.
CurbdiggerCarl

Attachments

• Cheyenne + 1854.jpg
    Cheyenne + 1854.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 7,383
  • Baggage#3.jpg
    Baggage#3.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 7,397
  • 1854 Canada.jpg
    1854 Canada.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 7,391
Upvote 1