Need a haircut? I know a good Barber

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Decided to test the foot out (broke it a little over a week ago)in-between the rain storms. I hit a local school tot-lot that I had hit in the spring. Not many targets there, I pulled .23 cents from in there so I decided to hit the soccer field to see if I could find any more clad. The dirt was like butter, totally saturated from the 3+ inches of the wet stuff. My first dig and I about pooped my pants!!!
poopypants.gif

Out pops a 1897 Barber dime!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Add to that another $1.70 and I be a happy dude!!! (This is my 1st Barber evar!!!)
9-14-08_finds.jpg

Upvote 0

Bertman

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Minelab E-Trac
Congrats on the first Barber... I remember my first and came close to a #2 as well... Now they'll poop, I mean pop out quite frequently...

HH Robert

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Barber! And I see you also found my favorite - a pressed penny. I found three of these before I figured out what they were. Sort of fun to see all of the places they came from.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think your pressed penny came from a museum here in Roy, Utah. We have a great Air Force Museum that has those stretched pennies. I think Hill AFB was the first to get the F-22 Raptors. I could be wrong and it is local to you, but it looks really familiar.

Congrats on your first Barber. :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great barber. Come to think of it, I do need a haircut. :D I like the pressed penny token also. I have only found one myself.

OP
OP
Clad 2 meet u

Clad 2 meet u

May 7, 2007
Algonac Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro (land) CZ20 (water)
Thanks for the pat's on the back all you kind folk!

The pressed penny I was assuming came from our local AFB which is Selfridge here in South East Michigan. I still think they are flying F-16's but I do think they will be switching out to the F-22's... By the way, I was stationed at Hill from 82-86. Sure do miss Utah!

I was shocked on the Barber... It came from a school that has been built within the last few years. I'm going to have to do some research to find out what once stood there. My guess is an old farm.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also dug a 1902 dime in my inlaws yard this year. There house was built in the 50's but my wifes family has owned this land since homesteading it. On occasion something good comes from the ground close to home. :thumbsup:

Yes, the thing about treasure hunting is you never know what the next target will be, you have an idea but you never really know.

sodapoptop

May 13, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Congrats on finding that Barber! My first Barber Dime ever was also an 1897..... I still get excited thinking about it... Keep the good finds coming! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread