25 for 25!! 4 Silver ~ 17 Wheats ~ 124th Silver from Same Park This Year...

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello, My Metal Detecting Friends!!

If you're thinking this is another one of Dan's silver/wheat posts, well you're right!! :tongue11: :icon_biggrin:

Yesterday, I tried to extend my consecutive turf hunt silver streak, and was thoroughly satisfied with my effort. I headed to the silver park, meeting Mike(Ratman) there in the morning. In a little over 3 hours, I ended up with 4 Rosies ('51,'56,'57,'61), along with 17 Wheaties(dates ranging from 20's-50's). I also found a large, aluminum gaming token. I recovered it a few feet from where I pulled the Franklin Half the other day. I really thought I had another Silver Half, but it turned out to be a token from the Redondo Fun Factory, an over 300 indoor arcade game house on the Redondo Beach Pier.

This makes 25 consecutive turf hunts with my SE Pro coil that I have recovered a silver coin. Almost all of these hunts have come from one park that has produced, following this hunt, 124 Silver coins this year for me. The silver park is really getting cleaned out. I honestly don't know how many more silvers could be left there, but I'll keep trying til I get skunked.

Thanks for looking!! Keep The Passion High!!

HH,
CAPTN SE aka "E-Trac Killer" :violent1: :boxing:
Dan

Minelab machine comparison testing yesterday

Mike and I were doing some signal comparisons between my SE/Pro Coil and his ML Quattro. In all the real deep signals (8"+), the Quattro would give a choppy high tone, low tone response...very, very iffy, making for a very questionable dig for Mike. The SE gave a solid, deep, repeating high-toned response on all of the deep signals. We even tried putting the SE Pro coil on Mike's Quattro. The results were near the same as before. I concluded that even though both machines have the same FBS, 28 frequency technology, they definitely don't perform the same in the turf on deep coinage (8"+). Many have called the Quattro, "A poor man's Explorer", but clearly Minelab left something out of the Quattro that makes the Explorers such a deep seeking machine with more accurate signal analyzing capabilities. In conclusion, the Quattro will find silver no doubt. Just ask Mike. But it's clearer to me why the Quattro is more affordable than an Explorer. You get what you pay for.

Attachments

• IMG_2977_sm.jpg
    IMG_2977_sm.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 494
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna come and hunt with YOU, Dan! :D

Congrats on ALL those finds!! Nana :wink:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Way to go again Dan! :thumbsup:

I've been trying to figure out which machine to upgrade to, and this posting pretty
much clinches it.

I've been going back and forth between Fishers, Minelabs, and the T2 so when the funds
are available, I'll be getting the Explorer (I think :tard:)
Mike

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about the high signal indicating half dollar. I've dug alot of things that indicated half dollar and dont half many half dollars to show for it. :( Keep the silver streak alive Dan!! :thumbsup:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
You are killing it Dan....We just made our 4th and 5th days in a row...I will post soon.. Great digs buddy....See ya...jgas

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
As soon as I turned on the computer, I clicked the internet explorer tab and was taken to my homepage...Yup, folks, the Treasurenet Today's Finds page is my default homepage. :D Once the page loaded, the first post that caught my eye was the Captain's 25 for 25! :headbang:

Dan the Real Awesome Datecting Man, you never cease to amaze me. :icon_salut: 25 for 25 or 0 for 25: You still would be suuuper high up on my list of GREAT datectorists. :notworthy: My good friend from SoCal, keep on hitting that park with your normal suuuuuuuper high fever and let's keep this streak going...for a metal datecting eternity! Heck, maybe your great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren can keep it going for ya, buddy! :D :notworthy:

Kyle

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Sweet finds! Nice going, Captn! thumbsup

Larry

Thanks, Larry!! Good luck to you!

I wanna come and hunt with YOU, Dan! Cheesy

Congrats on ALL those finds!! Nana Wink

Thanks, Nana. Sure, anytime!! ;D

Way to go!

Thanks, Anthony!! Good luck!

Way to go again Dan! thumbsup

I've been trying to figure out which machine to upgrade to, and this posting pretty
much clinches it.

I've been going back and forth between Fishers, Minelabs, and the T2 so when the funds
are available, I'll be getting the Explorer (I think tard)
Mike

Thanks, Mike. You won't be sorry about the Explorer if you put the time in the turf learning it.
Good luck!!

Ok, so I'll stop reading your posts now. 25 for 25, can you feel the jealousy?

Thanks, Dex378! Get out there and start a streak for yourself. Nothing is impossible.

nice job on the silver and the wheaties!!! Smiley

Thanks, DF.

I know what you mean about the high signal indicating half dollar. I've dug alot of things that indicated half dollar and dont half many half dollars to show for it. Sad Keep the silver streak alive Dan!!

Thanks, Rob! At old homesteads and demos, you'll probably end up digging more of those half dollar signals than at a park simply because there's larger metal objects in those areas. Good luck to you!

Dan ...

That Redondo Fun Factory Token is the cat's meow ... thumbsup

Just a STELLAR find ...

Rock On & Persevere ~ Nick

BTW ... Good going on 25 ...

Thanks, Nick! Glad you liked the token.

You are killing it Dan....We just made our 4th and 5th days in a row...I will post soon.. Great digs buddy....See ya...jgas

Thanks, jgas. 5 for 5 ? Wow, I better keep an eye out for you two! ;D ;D Good luck!

As soon as I turned on the computer, I clicked the internet explorer tab and was taken to my homepage...Yup, folks, the Treasurenet Today's Finds page is my default homepage. Cheesy Once the page loaded, the first post that caught my eye was the Captain's 25 for 25! headbang

Dan the Real Awesome Datecting Man, you never cease to amaze me. icon_salut 25 for 25 or 0 for 25: You still would be suuuper high up on my list of GREAT datectorists. notworthy My good friend from SoCal, keep on hitting that park with your normal suuuuuuuper high fever and let's keep this streak going...for a metal datecting eternity! Heck, maybe your great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren can keep it going for ya, buddy! Cheesy notworthy

Kyle

Thanks, Kyle, my good buddy!!

You write with the utmost passion in da'tecting and praise for your fellow da'tectorists. I will give it my best again on my next hunt.
Good luck this weekend, my friend from PA!!

Captn Dan's Scorecard

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 .......

Congrats Captn!!! thumbsup thumbsup

icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king icon_king

Thanks, KimsDad!! How many pages does your scorecard have? ;D ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are killing me. Gave up even hitting 30 silver for the year. Bad year for silver, at least a good year for V-Nickels, for some odd reason. Good stuff!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan the Detecting Passionate Man,

You may have a "Pocket Full of Sunshine," but most of all, you have a "Pocket Full of Wilver." :thumbsup: :D Awesome digs, man! :thumbsup:

I was talking to my brother yesterday and said, "Zoy, you know what? You see a lot of guys on this site give up detecting or they just get out every once in awhile, but have you noticed someone who has kept their passion high? Dan has kept it on top and never looked back. He definitely is a great ambassador to this great pastime." :icon_sunny:

Dan, thank you for keeping your passion high, literally! :) If you ever make it to PA, look me up and we can get together for a hunt, buddy! :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Do I really need to say it? :icon_scratch: YUP! :wink: :D Dan, keep your coil low and your passion high! :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Kirk

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
CAPTN,

Isn't the 25th considered 'silver'? CONGRATULATIONS on your 'silver' consecutive silver find!

Thanks for the inspiration, and keep the fever high!

HH,

Dr. Ace

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
once again captn ! awesome finds :headbang: you da man ! congrats on the silver and the wheats :thumbsup: I was told today that my pro coil has been shipped and i look forward to seeing what i can do with it on my SE ;D

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
You are killing me. Gave up even hitting 30 silver for the year. Bad year for silver, at least a good year for V-Nickels, for some odd reason. Good stuff!

Thanks, Curbdigger. I didn't even have a goal this year for silver. I knew I wouldn't be able to top my haul from last year, but this current streak has been real fun/challenging for me, and I'm very thankful to be living by a park that has produced so much for me this year.

Dan the Detecting Passionate Man,

You may have a "Pocket Full of Sunshine," but most of all, you have a "Pocket Full of Wilver." thumbsup Cheesy Awesome digs, man! thumbsup

I was talking to my brother yesterday and said, "Zoy, you know what? You see a lot of guys on this site give up detecting or they just get out every once in awhile, but have you noticed someone who has kept their passion high? Dan has kept it on top and never looked back. He definitely is a great ambassador to this great pastime." icon_sunny

Dan, thank you for keeping your passion high, literally! Smiley If you ever make it to PA, look me up and we can get together for a hunt, buddy! icon_sunny thumbsup

Do I really need to say it? icon_scratch YUP! Wink Cheesy Dan, keep your coil low and your passion high! thumbsup icon_sunny

Kirk

Thanks, my good friend, Kirk!! Natasha's song is a very catchy one. I find myself singing it all the time.... ;D ;D :tongue3: :icon_sunny: I will be sure to look you and Kyle up if I ever make it to your town. It would be great to hunt with equally passionate da'tectorists. Good luck this weekend!!

CAPTN,

Isn't the 25th considered 'silver'? CONGRATULATIONS on your 'silver' consecutive silver find!

Thanks for the inspiration, and keep the fever high!

HH,

Dr. Ace

Thanks, Bruce!! You're right...#25 is "Silver".... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Good luck to you!!

once again captn ! awesome finds headbang you da man ! congrats on the silver and the wheats thumbsup I was told today that my pro coil has been shipped and i look forward to seeing what i can do with it on my SE Grin

Thanks, Weasel. Wow, those coils were backordered for quite some time. Must be a lot of md'ers buying them. You will like the new coil. Good luck!

Time to expand the screenname a bit. Time to start using your full screen name, "Captn Silver Everytime"!

My best streak is 3. WTG!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, BomberJohn!! It's time to set a new personal record. Good luck!!

Nice finds Captn thumbsup
I hope you find lot's more

Thanks, Golden1. Good luck to you!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread