An interesting mix in the 150 coins I found this week

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
Unlike last week, it took significantly more than 3 hours to find The 150 coins plus other goodies this week. Monday and Wednesday evening My son and I continued searching the ground behind my apartment building here in Germany and came up with a good mix of older German and US coinage. Wanting more volume today we hit the sand lot playground which always pays off and did so with 85 coins, some inexpensive jewlery, and a couple of toys.

Digging in the dirt we scored 8 Wheat back cents, a dateless buffalo nickle, a 1940 Nazi 10 Pfennig (aluminium and ROUGH), an 1855 1Pfennig, an 1843 1Kreuzer, a rough flat button, and a few tokens (local and US).

In the playground, we got a Silver plated cross, Silver Heart shaped earring, Silver (.925) bracelet that someone got mad at, two different gold plated hearts, and deep under the sand a pin that I believe is some kind of Military Communications pin which I could use help identifying, Keys and other misc. stuff.

Enjoy the pics.

Just the coins
DSCN3130.JPG

1940 10Pfennig coin - look carefully and you can see the swastika
DSCN3131.JPG DSCN3142.JPG

1855 1Pfennig coin
DSCN3137.JPG DSCN3136.JPG

1843 1 Kreuzer coin
DSCN3132.JPG DSCN3138.JPG

The Wheat Cents and Dateless Buffalo
DSCN3139.JPG DSCN3141.JPG

The Tokens - Rhein Main Officers Club, Old Chuckie Cheese, and an unknown
DSCN3159.JPG DSCN3160.JPG

The Pin I could use help identifying - the writing apprats to read "Getting the Message Through" I'm guessing at the first word.
DSCN3154.JPG

Upvote 0

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot of cool stuff. Nice finds!

OP
OP
*Dig-Dug*

*Dig-Dug*

Aug 13, 2008
Herndon, VA - Kill Devil Hills, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Bandito II
I am the only experienced hunter on the grounds. three of my co-workers have bought Tesoros in the last few weeks hoping to get in on the take but they still have to learn how to work their machines and understand what they are saying. They have been making some decent recoveries but they are still learning. I don't mind sharing since there is enough ground for us all. I'd rather see them have fun and get their share of the loot.

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
That's a bunch of good finds. I really like the tokens.
Dman

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds....

I wish I knew exactly where we lived...all I know is: Budigen Oberhessen, West Germany April 1958 - June 1960. Dad was stationed in Frankfurt, where one of my siblings was born at. I have pics of me feeding the chickens and of my birthday party at the house we lived at....but couldn't tell you the location. It was pretty there, from the pics. My parents are gone now...so can't find out the answers.

It would be great to come back there and find the house and metal detect!!!

Wishing you lots of wonderful finds!!!
YIS & YIMD,
Annmarie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread