Another hobby that gets a bad wrap

B

BigDan

Paintball. Granted, some of it may be deserved. But the folk who have no business with a paintball marker are probably similar to those who give metal detecting a bad name. They're just out doing what they want with no consideration for others.

And this is what it causes: Playing paintball on my bro-in-laws land a few years back...about twenty of us. A deputy sheriff pulled onto the property and was surprised to see so many people. He said a neighbor complained that we were on his land, and actually shooting at him!

Now I suppose, this neighbor thought we were just a bunch of kids and thought he'd get us shut down. Or, he saw us playing and THOUGHT he might get hit. My Bro-in-law gave the deputy a detailed description of the property, even offered to get the deed out. Then explained that from where we were playing we couldn't even fire a ball off his land! Oh, and twenty witnesses all said no one shot at the guy. The deputy still tried to shut us down...to which my bro-in-law replied, "We aren't done yet." The deputy left.

Point being, there are people in every interest who give others a bad name. Just be sure to be in your rights, and "they" can't stop you.

OP
OP
B

BigDan

That Piranha was a good marker!

I used the Tippman 98 with a flatline barrel. Many people don't like it, I used it well. Just couldn't fire off like mad or the barrel would jam. But it had a sweet, flat, long distance line. With good camo and that marker this old guy did pretty well until we had up to 15, 20 guys per side. Then I needed the semi-auto that the flatline couldn't handle, and I'm too cheap to fire off $30.00 worth of balls in a day..so I "retired".

By the way, that complainer was a townie who'd bought some acres to retire on. He didn't even know his property line and cleared away some of my bro-in-laws timber. Believe me...after calling the cops, THAT was a mistake. ;D

B

BIG61AL

We had a bunch of punks driving around downtown late at night a few years back shooting at people on the street. The cops were on the news the next day saying if they catch you the charges against you will be a felony gun charge. The cops and the courts both treat any weapons that fire projectiles the same as guns that shoot lead bullets.

S

stefen

Sometimes I think a paint balling would be a good way to pay back some Road Rage AH's...

Pull up alongside the driver at a light after you'd been cut off and unload...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread