Uses for Duct Tape?

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
So I started working at a plant where they make office panels made out of fiberglass. Ended up with fiberglass on my arms and stomach, I was miserable. So who knew that duct tape pulls the fiberglass out of the skin. Take a warm shower to open up the skin pores, then dry off and apply duct tape to the the areas where the fiberglass is. Pulls out the fiberglass pieces, instant relief, feltl 90 percent better the next day. May take a few days to get all the stuff out of the skin. Will be using industrial lotion to keep the stuff off me from now on. Oh and this only works if your not hairy, so spartacus dont use this method.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Great for emergency belt while out in the field. Just take a long piece and roll it (lengthwise) and tie after threading through your belt loops. I was a little bloated with gas one early morning, upon heading out to hunt, and as the gas slowly leaked out :laughing7:, pants became so loose that it was becoming difficult to hunt with one hand whilst holding pants up with other hand ;D............NGE

S

stefen

Original use...

Attachments

• dtduck.gif
    dtduck.gif
    38.2 KB · Views: 392
  • dtduck.gif
    dtduck.gif
    38.2 KB · Views: 334

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Attachments

• 141697344v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg
    141697344v1_225x225_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 282

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Just a little duct tape
During a private "fly-in" fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness,
the chartered pilot and fishermen left a cooler and bait in the plane; and, a bear smelled it. This is what he did to the plane.
The pilot used his radio and had another pilot bring him 2 new tires,
3 cases of duct tape, and a supply of sheet plastic.
He patched the plane together, and FLEW IT HOME!

Attachments

• ATT1.jpg
    ATT1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 286
  • ATT2.jpg
    ATT2.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 282
  • ATT3.jpg
    ATT3.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 328
  • ATT4.jpg
    ATT4.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 266
  • ATT5.jpg
    ATT5.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 280
  • ATT6.jpg
    ATT6.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 318
OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
great post enjoyed looking at the pictures, but Im not sure if I would like to fly in a duct taped plane.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need more than WD-40 and duct tape. The complete tool kit contains these plus a pair of pliers and baling wire. Lincha, I hope you're not breathing that stuff.

OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Okay I only worked there for 5 weeks, and yes we breathed in the stuff, my throat was raw after the first week, I swear I could feel the fiberglass particles on my tonsils. So I am unemployed again, which is bad for anytime of year but especially this time of the year. I have put in more than 50 applications but nobody is hiring right now. This year was such a lousy year for me looking forward to the future, something has to change.

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
lincha said:
Okay I only worked there for 5 weeks, and yes we breathed in the stuff, my throat was raw after the first week, I swear I could feel the fiberglass particles on my tonsils. So I am unemployed again, which is bad for anytime of year but especially this time of the year. I have put in more than 50 applications but nobody is hiring right now. This year was such a lousy year for me looking forward to the future, something has to change.

Good tip...I hate the stuff >:(

Hope you have a better new year :icon_thumleft:

S

stefen

lincha said:
great post enjoyed looking at the pictures, but Im not sure if I would like to fly in a duct taped plane.

Trust me, the duct tape is far superior to planes covered with stretched canvas or silk covered with a couple coats of dope (paint). And if I was caught in the wilds I wouldn't hesitate a moment in an attempt to fly out...a single engine Cessna is a dream.

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year was such a lousy year for me looking forward to the future, something has to change.

Lincha, I hope and pray things gets better for you. A lot of us are feeling the pinch. Och! >:(
Yard Digger

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will change, Lincha. Believe me, it will. Sometimes when you get to your darkest hour, you'll be surprised and realize that really wasn't your darkest hour. I don't know what that has to do with duct tape.

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
It will change, Lincha. Believe me, it will. Sometimes when you get to your darkest hour, you'll be surprised and realize that really wasn't your darkest hour. I don't know what that has to do with duct tape.

Well Lincha started this thread about using duct tape to remove fiberglass from your skin, if you're not hairy anyway. Well except where my forehead that is growing backwards toward the top of my head I just don't have much use for it in that way. So, I have a few wraps left on two rolls that I'll be willing to sell if anyone is interested and I will send the proceeds of the sale to Lincha to help smooth over the roughness of these times.

Seriously though, it just doesn't seem right that anyone in this country should have to go thru such hard times, especially people who are willing to work and support themselves and their family as I'm sure you are Lyncha. I've worked hard all my life, but still had plenty of times when I needed help from friends and family. God Bless you and Yours, Yard Digger

OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Thank you Yard, yes I have always worked in my life. I started working at the age of 9 did work on a farm because I wanted money. I have the print out from my Social Security I made a big $560.00 dollars that year, pretty big bucks for a 9 year old. I had a pickle jar that I put my money in, didn't have to work just wanted to. I have been an Abstractor doing title searches on real estate since 1994 but with the economy taking a nose dive I am not needed at the company I worked for. I have worked in a restaurant, I have sorted corn in a seed corn company. I have worked my entire life. I only have two years of college so maybe I will be returning to that soon. I put in about 10 applications a week right now, and nobodys calling. Lucky for me my daughter who is going to college right now, and working with handicapped people is letting me live with her right now and feeding me. Its a punch in the stomach for me since I have always been independent. I am not receiving any government assistance since I haven't applied for it, that's just me. I am babysitting a little making about $50.00 a week, just enough to pay for gas to put in the applications. We live in a great country I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in the world. Just down on my luck right now its a humbling experience a learning experience.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread