Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ironhorse and I started the day visiting a farmer IH spoke with in the Spring about a field where there is suppose to be a buried cannon. He lead the way, and we didn't find it today, but the story is better than the typical treasure tale, so because of that and now that we seen the site, we can use our early 1900s aerial photos to determine the path the cannon went when they tried to move it years ago. Get this, my first hit when I turn on the detector was a large iron broad axe... got the heart pumping for a second. :laughing7:

After that we tried several fields, a couple which were huge and got NOTHING but a marble... which I forgot about until writing this. I guess it's kinda cool if you like marbles. ;D

Having quite enough of the silent treatment we hit our NJ field and it didn't give up much either but I did dig the early to mid. 18th century French bale seal. I have quite a few so am always happy to add one to the collection. We left there in time to get a good 1.5 hours in a new field, but one we've driven by many many times. New site, enough to get our diggin fix for the day and I hit the 37th. I dug one of these about 7 years ago and would prefer something different, but nice seeing it come up all the same.

jeeze it's hard to write when you're burnt out from tectin. I should be doing this on some rest. (started the day at 5am)
Trying again tomorrow! Don't have any plan... but I might get up very early and try to make one.

Attachments

• td1.jpg
    td1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 838
  • td2.jpg
    td2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 835
  • td3.jpg
    td3.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 834
  • td4.jpg
    td4.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 831
  • td5.jpg
    td5.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 823
Upvote 0

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
saaweetttttttttttt !!! nice going guys :thumbsup: Ya ol pirate keeping outta trouble? :tongue3:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the 37th (North Hampshire) Regiment of Foot? :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunthicks said:
That one would work for me!! :icon_thumright:

Damn those 2nds are nice. That's what I want! :thumbsup: As you can see I'm warming up for the big hunt. :laughing7:

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Hunthicks said:

Damn those 2nds are nice. That's what I want! :thumbsup: As you can see I'm warming up for the big hunt. :laughing7:
As were we, just with lesser results. I'd take a few more of those 2nds as well ;D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
Hunthicks said:

As were we, just with lesser results. I'd take a few more of those 2nds as well ;D

You either want a mint one, or something else, or you should. I have a very hard time finding something different because a lot of the same ones turn up here. But a good upgrade is cool.

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
Hunthicks said:

You either want a mint one, or something else, or you should. I have a very hard time finding something different because a lot of the same ones turn up here. But a good upgrade is cool.

How about a cuff size? Any military is awesome right about now! ;D

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
Hunthicks said:
Iron Patch said:
Hunthicks said:

How about a cuff size? Any military is awesome right about now! ;D

Yes, it's nice to have both! For me I don't care, just need an upgrade and almost any example will be that.

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
Good Luck Today. The large broad axe would have made my day. All the iron I've dug over years and I have yet to find one of those.
BB

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bedfordbob said:
Good Luck Today. The large broad axe would have made my day. All the iron I've dug over years and I have yet to find one of those.
BB

Well I can draw you a map to one that is just a few feet into the bushes. ;D

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Your pile of goodness in the pic above is better than I have done in my last few hunts combined. I am not worried though........ You will pull through with some kind of killer find to put us all in awe :o Hopefully I can copy you ;D

VPR

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds!
love that NH foot button,
Looking forward to seeing that cannon up on the Banner!

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A typical day in your country is finding a Revolutionary war button. Fact and proven many times over. ;D With that off my mind, good luck tomorrow and I hope your dreams come true, whether it be impregnating a super model or hunting with your buddy. ;D :laughing9:

Kirk

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like more than a decent hunt! I'll be heading out today as well on a new plan to an old site...

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with those digs bud,our time is coming too....just need some rain!!

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah looks like a damn good day too me...better than my day out..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread