BILLIARD TOKEN MAVERICK FOUND

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Cleaning out my soak tank and found this piece from a Brunswick competitor. Location where it was used is unknown as it's been soaking for over a year. SCHULENBURG / BILLIARD TABLES // GOOD FOR / 5C / A.K. / IN / TRADE QUARTER SIZE BRASS ALL INCUSE. Any help appreciated, exanimo, ss

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
That darn Schulenburg company was notorious for just putting initials on the tokens they supplied. That makes it almost impossible to identify with any degree of certainty where the token was used. A lot of token collectors have tried to attribute these to Schulenburg, TX, but that is incorrect. As you point out, Schulenburg was a competitor along with the Brunswick companies in the supply business for pool, billiard, snooker, and carom tables, bar fixtures and furniture. It has been shown that many of these supply companies did not make their own tokens, but contracted out the work. That is why the obverse of many of them look similar. John in ID

OP
OP
S

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
About the best I can do then is look in the directories from Indiana and find a local billiard parlor to match the A. K. I have. It would be very difficult to prove me wrong but at best the attribution will be very tenous. best regards, ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions