Tapp Clothing Louisville Ky.

Lt1stone

Jan 25, 2008
Newkirk Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70, Gray Ghosts, Pro-Find 25
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another one of my strange Oklahoma finds from Feb. 1st. Tapp/Wisdom clothing heads or tails merchant/salesman's token or coin? I found Tapp clothing in google books but can't find what the token is worth :dontknow:or a picture of it but mine on google. :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• tapp clothing obverse.jpg
    tapp clothing obverse.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 360
  • Tapp tails.jpg
    Tapp tails.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 346

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks to me like a giveaway supplied to their traveling representatives (salesmen to retailers) by the Tapp company. One would be given. like a business card today, to the retailers in the hope that they would keep the Tapp company's name handy in case they decide to place an order.

What's it worth? Do you mean denomination, as in "Good For"? No denomination - so therefore not really a token, but an advertising piece. If you mean what could you sell it for, then you will probably have to offer it for sale in an auction of some sort to find what interested buyers would pay for it. There is no "catalog value" for items like this. In terms of historical value, you have already started to research the company and you could pursue that line to get a great story on this particular aspect of American history showing the connection between manufacturing, wholesaling, and retailing of merchandise.

John in the 2-8

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am from Louisville ky and that token is awesome I cant beleive you found it in oklohoma though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread