Exide Battery Token and Others

mnoel33

Apr 18, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey,
I am new to this whole coin collecting thing and I just have a couple of questions. I found a couple of Exide Battery Tokens from 1923. I was wondering if anyone could give me a value on those coins? I also found a variety of Tax tokens from a few different states and would like to know more about them. I have a couple from CO, 2 from KS, 1 MS and 1 Alabama that is actually made out of cardboard or a like material. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it! :happy3:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Noel--If you search the forum for "Tax Token" you will find several write-ups about the when, where, & why of sales tax tokens. There are a number of varieties from several states - none have much collector value as they were produced by the millions and carried out of the state where they were used by the thousands.

On the Exide Battery Service token, I see that you have posted it on TokenCatalog.com and other sites. From Fort Collins, Colorado, it is not at all common, but also not of great value since the collector interest is not high. Since the market for tokens is not as well-developed as it is for coins, there is no "book value" you can use to judge what they are worth. I'm going to guess that around $20 would be the figure, but the only way to tell would be to auction one at a venue where a lot of collectors will see it.

John in the Great 208

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread