Small token spill...K and M Bar, Lemoore, California

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I hit one of my favorite fields Tuesday evening after a dental appointment, a spot that has been producing Mercs and silver rings for me. Tons of old lead glass everywhere. The ground is soft and ripe for detecting. This time it gave up 3 tokens--two 10 cent and one 5 cent in trade. I noticed that the 5 cent token is listed on tokencatalog.com but with no picture accompanying it. I'm glad I'll be able to make a contribution for it as well as the 10 cent token, which is absent from the site. Here they are uncleaned except for a quick rinse under water. The obverse is the same for both denominations.

texasvarmit

Oct 6, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT gold, Fisher CZ5 quicksilver, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hi Ray, GREAT finds! the 5 cent token is listed in the old 1976 California token book by Kappen, page 204, but the 10 cent token is unlisted in that book. He had the 5c token listed with a value of $8 back in 1976, so figure what it is worth today. I do not have a more up to date California book though others may have one to look up for you.

Kings County is the county for Lemoore, California. There are more token collectors in California than any other state, so you should have no problem finding a buyer for any of those three tokens (should you wish to sell one).

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking tokens! Congrats, old tokens are great finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread