Brunswick Balke Collender Pool Hall Token

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well.... Its not possible for me to treasure hunt :sadsmiley: So I have resorted to going through a few boxes in the garage and was happy I did. I found (refound) a token I got at an auction last summer. I bought a tub full of bolts,screws and nails and happened to find this in there. I never looked at it too closely until now. Well I attempted to do some research on it and found plenty of info and pictures of these tokens. But, I could not for the life of me find this exact one. I found some very similar to the design, but round, and I found some this shape but different pool table design. Anyways, I will look some more and maybe clean 'er up some. I also seen some people have dug some of these on tnet but not this exact one either. If anyone else has any input be my guest!

Front: SAM_0735.JPG

Back: SAM_0736.JPG

A little more info: I bought it at an auction on the south side of Pelican Lake in St. Louis County. The nearest town is Orr, MN. I will keep looking myself but if anyone else has some info that would be great. I know about the company history and all that already, I wish it was a full buisness name, initials are so hard to go off.. and who knows if that is where it is originally from... Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
On TokenCatalog.com this one is TC-337611 with "Image Wanted" - please consider posting your pics there. The date of the diework is 1883-84, so that narrows the search range a bit. And you are corrct, initials only make it tough!
John in the Great 208

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Infinium, Garrett Pro Pointer(x2), 30" Bazooka Prospector, Scuba Gear
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, I must have missed it. I will be sure to do that! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On TokenCatalog.com this one is TC-337611 with "Image Wanted" - please consider posting your pics there. The date of the diework is 1883-84, so that narrows the search range a bit. And you are corrct, initials only make it tough!
John in the Great 208

Thank you again for the help. Feels good to be able to contribute to a great website like that one. :occasion14:

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
Not quite. TC-337611 is the correct initials but with a BB- reverse. This is a BBC-9a. Date of issue is around 1890.

OP
OP
Zee

Zee

Oct 12, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way it was actually a completely new listing as he let me know today. It is now TC-383718

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread