7.6 KB · Views: 2,548
  • castle.jpg
    castle.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 2,694

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Re: Aladdin's Castle

If it's about quarter size, it's probably a game machine token. Aladdin's Castle arcades, a chain founded in the 1960's, was sold to Bally Mfg. Corp in 1974, and resold to Namco in 1993.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Aladdin's Castle used to be a topless bar in Corpus Christi Texas many years ago. They gave out these tokens for use in the bar. I have several of them I found down there.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Yea Justgeese, it was one of the more interesting places to detect. The problem was, you DIDN'T want to take anything back home.

exonumia

Greenie
Oct 25, 2005
Rockford IL
Detector(s) used
Buying and Selling exonumia !

piggman1 said:
Aladdin's Castle used to be a topless bar in Corpus Christi Texas many years ago. They gave out these tokens for use in the bar.

Well, while it is slightly possible a bar might have used these, the ALADDIN'S CASTLE tokens are modern amusement tokens, video arcade tokens, and were not ISSUED by any bar. They are excessively common (I've probably had 100 POUNDS of them, or more). In my bulk lots, I sold them for under 10cents each, delivered (mixed lots). Sorry, I doubt you could convince the Texas catalogers to list them as TX tokens!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used

Wasn't trying to convience anyone. I just thought it was an amuseing fact. I know all about the tokens, but I thought I might throw in a little humorous story about them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread