Aladdins Castle
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jan 2006
    22 times

Aladdin's Castle

It appears that Aladdin's Castle was owned by Bally's, the gaming machine people. Not sure if this was an advertisement token or a token
    used in their machines.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Charter Member

May 2005
    205 times

Re: Aladdin's Castle

If it's about quarter size, it's probably a game machine token. Aladdin's Castle arcades, a chain founded in the 1960's, was sold to Bally Mfg. Corp in 1974, and resold to Namco in 1993.

us
    Apr 2007
    Austin, TX
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
    3 times

Aladdin's Castle used to be a topless bar in Corpus Christi Texas many years ago. They gave out these tokens for use in the bar. I have several of them I found down there.
    It's better to be thought a fool, then open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    The definition of average is the best of the worst, and the worst of the best.

us
    RVing Detectorist

Nov 2005
    Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
    Ace 250
    1 times

I've popped up two of thos tokens; we have an Alladin's Castle Arcade in our local mall; Nice find
    Dick from IA
    www.mdparadise.net

us
    Apr 2007
    Austin, TX
    Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
    3 times

Yea Justgeese, it was one of the more interesting places to detect. The problem was, you DIDN'T want to take anything back home.

Oct 2005
    Rockford IL
    Buying and Selling exonumia !
    3 times

Quote Originally Posted by piggman1
    Aladdin's Castle used to be a topless bar in Corpus Christi Texas many years ago. They gave out these tokens for use in the bar.
    Well, while it is slightly possible a bar might have used these, the ALADDIN'S CASTLE tokens are modern amusement tokens, video arcade tokens, and were not ISSUED by any bar. They are excessively common (I've probably had 100 POUNDS of them, or more). In my bulk lots, I sold them for under 10cents each, delivered (mixed lots). Sorry, I doubt you could convince the Texas catalogers to list them as TX tokens!
    Rich Hartzog
    POB 4143 Rockford IL 61110

us
    Apr 2007
    Austin, TX
    3 times

Wasn't trying to convience anyone. I just thought it was an amuseing fact. I know all about the tokens, but I thought I might throw in a little humorous story about them.

Sponsored Links