YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in Honduras, and have been poking around with my detectors for some time now. I'm coming up with quite a collection of early 1900's Central American coins and literally pounds of more modern coins, mostly worthless. I collect anything in the numismatic field that is unusual or that has historical or political interest.

I need information on a token that I found recently. It is still pretty dirty, so I didn't include a photo, but it is smaller than a dime, has two semi-circular cutouts common to many tokens, and contains the words "R. FASQUELLE AUTOBUSES" on what I assume to be the front, along with an arrow pointing left and a small circle, and "PASAJE ESCOLAR" on the reverse, with a drawing of a rather strange looking bus.

What extremely little information I can find indicates this may be a rather rare token, perhaps from 1910 with an exceptionally low mintage. Numista gives it a rarity index of 97. Does anyone know where I can find more information about this token?

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow rare would be an understatement, with only 100 made.

OP
OP
YumaMarc

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here you go: Pasaje Escolar Autobuses R. Fasquelle - * Tokens * - Numista

By the way, you may wish to communicate with Dr. Balladares.
His info is below:
Email: [email protected]
Dr. Manuel Balladares
P.O. Box 80
Choluteca, Honduras
Don........

Thank you so much! That is great information. I will email Dr. Balladares, and maybe take the hour drive down to Choluteca.

UPDATE: I emailed Dr. Balladares, and he quickly replied. He didn't give me a lot of information, but said he has two of those. He was surprises and seemed happy that another had been found. He appears to be a rather serious collector of numismatic items and esoterica of Central America. He has some banknotes from the 1840s that he is willing to sell, but didn't give any hint that he would sell the tokens.

I guess that leaves only 97 more of those somewhere unknown, probably in the ground under the streets of Tegucigalpa.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread