13.7 KB · Views: 1,215

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the heads I win--tails you lose---is a fairly common -bawdy place type novelity coin---theother is a bit odd ---I can't make out the wording other than --the "worlds greatest show place" ---a strip joint type term---on the back---and "avt" and "??? world center" and there is another word by her feet"???" --on the front the nude girl W/ the musical note makes me think that a "old style bump & grind" strip joint or cat house was mostly likely close by were you found them--- can you tell me more about it? ivan

OP
OP
Ricardo_NY1

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
ivan salis said:
the heads I win--tails you lose---is a fairly common -bawdy novelity coin---the however other is a bit odd ---can't make out the wording --can you tell it to me? ivan

Ivan, from the pic I can barely read Word Center, but that is it and I don't have the token with me, I'm at work. I can definately get a really good close up tonight and update this post.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I believe the complete inscription surrounding the nude figure on the smaller, octagonal token is, "SHOW WORLD CENTER SAVE N.Y.C. 42 ST." This is a c. 1970's or later "peep show" token.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
about all those places on 42nd street are shut down ---now---peep show token --you drop "the house token" in a slot in a "private" booth and a sliding metal plate slides up for a bit of time showing the gal --who's normally nude--and waiting "behind the plexiglass" she then dances or whatever for you (depending on the "extra" tips $$$ you give her---it can be rather mild or wild show) often there were several "windows" set up for one dancer and she would "face" the highest bidder" while dancing or whatever

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
ivan salis said:
about all those places on 42nd street are shut down ---now---peep show token --you drop "the house token" in a slot in a "private" booth and a sliding metal plate slides up for a bit of time showing the gal --who's normally nude--and waiting "behind the plexiglass" she then dances or whatever for you (depending on the "extra" tips $$$ you give her---it can be rather mild or wild show) often there were several "windows" set up for one dancer and she would "face" the highest bidder" while dancing or whatever

Good research there ivan... ;D

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
well as a merchant seaman thats been all over the world--I visited many "reseach centers" in many differant countries thru the years checking out culturial diversity---and nothing beats good hands on in depth "research"-- but one most have the proper tools ---a large sum of green backs-- a cuban cigar --lots rum and coke and a "hot" set of dice - ;D ;D Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions