Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found this today at Oronoco,Mn. park.
What was H.A.Huney's ?
If idahotokens would like to post this please do.
I think it is close to 30 mm.

comfrey 002.jpg comfrey 001.jpg comfrey 003.jpg Also says in small letters ..Not transferable

Last edited:

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Rodger--Henry A. Huney was listed in the 1900 Census for Comfrey as a Merchant. That probably meant he had a general store which typically used tokens like this. The not transferable bit was probably to discourage the exchange of tokens for goods and services to others in town. I have seen items in local papers about the barber willing to be paid in tokens from the store. He had to eat too.

I'll get this posted onto tokencatalog in a bit.

Thanks!

John

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Rodger--Henry A. Huney was listed in the 1900 Federal and 1905 MN State Census for Comfrey as a Merchant. That probably meant he had a general store which typically used tokens like this. The not transferable bit was probably to discourage the exchange of tokens for goods and services to others in town. I have seen items in local papers about the barber willing to be paid in tokens from the store. He had to eat too.

One was already posted on tokencatalog, but since yours looks better, I posted it also. If yours doesn't show, click on the + to see all pics.
https://www.tokencatalog.com/token_...457&inventory_id=579010&attribution_id=384547

John

Thanks!

John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread