Rent the Ace 250 or just buy something else

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bounty hunter quick drawII. I am using it on an  old home site, and getting alot of false reads in damp grass and sometimes dry grass.  I have found some really good relic type finds here no coins yet. My local rental store has an ace250 they rent out, is that more likely to have less false reads, is it much better than the quick draw? I know there are good finds at my site if I can detect them properly, don't know if my problems are lack  of experience or the wrong tool for the job. any suggestions?

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say try the 250 but i would bet its not you but the detector.i gave a 250 to friend to use and he started finding coins immediately and he has never been metal detecting before.All i did was turn it on,put it on coin mode and off he went. that simple. give it a try,i think you will love it from the word go. :thumbsup:

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely try the Ace 250. But be prepared - you will probably end up buying one!

OP
OP
H

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the replies. That is the intention to buy a new one. Just want to make sure I get a good one this time, while the Quik Draw serves me well picking up all the false reads on a site this good is very counter productive.

camperlee

Jan 8, 2008
belding, Michigan
Detector(s) used
whites XLT Garrett GTI 2500 Garrett ACE 250
just bought an ACE 250 for the grand son and have used it myself and it"s one terrific machine.

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Buy the ace,You can always sell it for nearly what You pay,Don,t waist money renting unless time is restraint,IE, sight being developed /short window of opportunity.
HH,Mont

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
most likely your bumping the coil --BH are well known to beep if you bump the coil or have a loose shaft the allows play -- I had a QD II and the ace 25o is a better machine in my veiw --no coil bump issues -- know know this however -- due to metal conductivity overlap --if one is hunting gold one will have to dig trash pulltabs ,ect-- to get at it . --- with either machine.

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ACE 150 and I have had much better luck with it than my old BH Sharp shooter II. Found my BANNER Find with the Ace 150, check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread