146.9 KB · Views: 1,457
  • sifter2A.jpg
    sifter2A.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 899

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, it's coin finder Look real well made , and good luck with it. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :hello2: :hello2:

OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Went and bought a 5' X 24"roll of 1/2" mesh and put it on. I still want to put a 3/4" strip of wood on the bottom over the mesh for the perimeter of the sifter for better reinforcement on the screen and to keep the sifter box alittle up off the ground when it's laying down so the dirt can still come through when filling it. Also used alittle bar soap where the legs swivel for easier movement. Spent $9 for mesh and brackets.

HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• sifter3A.jpg
    sifter3A.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 5,143
  • sifter4A.jpg
    sifter4A.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 2,401
OP
OP
Mike95inNJ

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Re: Finished sifter

Garbage picked the rest of the wood needed to support the wire mesh on the bottom. Hopefully try it next weekend.
HH, Mike in NJ

Attachments

• sifter5A.jpg
    sifter5A.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 1,068
  • sifter6A.jpg
    sifter6A.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 921

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job!!! One hint for you, round over the handles. A roundoverbit in a router or a rasp. If you use it for long periods your hands will thank you. Never thought of using bar soap, I've been using washers cut from bleach bottles about the size of a big fender washer & a couple of Nylocks. Works really good even in wet areas!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know how his worked. Been building these for over 20 years. Have made them with 1/2" and 1/4" hardware cloth. Have one I use now with a sheetmetal trough underneath that funnels material into a five gallon bucket. I use this one mostly for classifying for the drywasher. I built one for a buddy using expanded metal instead of hardwarecloth. He added straps off of an old backpack & a strap to hold his bucket in it. (wish I'da thought of that :D) That & a short shovel & he's ready to hump it across the hills.

You can make them the width of your hardware cloth by 48" long, with handles that extend 2' past the side of the frame. This way you can set it at an angle & shovel into it when working sand or you're just tired of shaking.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like you could also stiff your compost with that. :dontknow:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clev said:
Hey boogeyman, do you have any diagrams for building one of these? Im not good with wood, lol...

I usually just throw everything on the ground & play tinker toy. Usually somebody wants one in a hurry. Drop me a PM (to remind me) & I'll get you a couple of drawings together etc.

Produce guy,
Never stiffed my compost :D ;D Never really thought about using a sifter, I have a large chipper and rake the big pieces that didn't decompose off the pile & chuck em in the chipper again. If you run your compose back through the chipper it comes out nicer than what you can buy. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread