Does waterproof mean waterproof

diggin bubba

Greenie
May 22, 2010
west virginia
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter
I have a bounty hunter (QS). The owners manual is more of a glorified instruction manual on how to put the batteries in rather than answering my simple questions. I was wondering if I can use my detector coil under water and if so, how deep? It says its waterproof, But thats what my work boots also say and anybody that wears work boots for a living knows how accurate that really is. :laughing7:

Thanks and HH
BUBBA.

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try to get in touch with the maker or their tech. support.
take care and be carefull out there. ron

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coils on a Sov.GT are water proof but when you take it out of the swallow water do not !! raise the MD up over your head because the water can run along the wire into your control box and now you have a 800.00 piece of junk the same goes with most detectors unless you are using a hip mount bag .Dd60

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
The coils on a Sov.GT are water proof but when you take it out of the swallow water do not !! raise the MD up over your head because the water can run along the wire into your control box and now you have a 800.00 piece of junk the same goes with most detectors unless you are using a hip mount bag .Dd60

What he said :icon_thumright:

And all Bounty Hunter coils are waterproof

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread