Sheath for a Mighty AP Digger

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cant wait until I can get out with it!!!!! :wav: :wav:

I noticed that the balance was great and decide to take it out to the yard and from four feet I let it drop and it penetrated the soil straight down almost 2 inches semi dry soil!!! Hurry up Saturday morning i want to try it out!!!!

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
UPDATE

I used two S hooks I found at Lowes to attache the belt loop to the sheath and it works like a charm. All-in-all I am very happy with my results and proud that I found a way to make a sheath. Using Kydex is easy and I will definitely remember it if I need any other sheaths or carriers.

Hope I helped at least one of you.

Have a great day.

Larry

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
I just ordered a sheet, I'll take some scotch & a 12 pack over to my buddies garage.........he's got a toaster oven & lots of rivets! I'll post pics! :icon_thumleft:

You are starting to scare me, you're sounding more like a mad scientist now :laughing7: I think mastereagle22 has created a monster :laughing9:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
I'm just worried how straight the lines on the digger will be the more the Scotch flows :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
I just talked to a leather shop, Probably get a simple sheath made for about 20-30 bucks non tooled. Going over there to see about just kits, so they can be tooled, and assembled, Anyone interested.

My first attempt wasn't so great but the tooling was OK.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Hey...that might be kinda cool Albert...everyone could make theirs kind of custom that way yet not be starting from scratch. lol

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Pics of my first attempt and the Raw leather I bought for 25.00. Don't got to hobby lobby for leather, no selection and to thin.

Not sure how far I'm gonna take it yet. I could tool the front, and they will sew it and trim it. The leather is allot thicker from the saddle shop and allot cheaper. Plus it was cool place to look around in.

There needs to be a spacer between the front and back for a good loose fit and so you don't cut your stitching.

If anyones intrested They will take it as far as you want,even do the tooling and Mrs whites quit a artist. This is just where i wanted to start.

Whites Leather works,, 512 455 7371

Attachments

• DSCN1492_01.JPG
    DSCN1492_01.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 587

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
Pics of my first attempt and the Raw leather I bought for 25.00. Don't got to hobby lobby for leather, no selection and to thin.

Not sure how far I'm gonna take it yet. I could tool the front, and they will sew it and trim it. The leather is allot thicker from the saddle shop and allot cheaper. Plus it was cool place to look around in.

There needs to be a spacer between the front and back for a good loose fit and so you don't cut your stitching.

If anyones intrested They will take it as far as you want,even do the tooling and Mrs whites quit a artist. This is just where i wanted to start.

Whites Leather works,, 512 455 7371
Way cool!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Very cool but you shoulda put YOUR name on the sheath! :)
Ive ordered a piece of krydex & it should be here when I get home. I've got it all in my head how to make this thing, shouldnt take long, shouldnt be too difficult.........just hope I can do it without any issues or problems. 12"x12" sheet of krydex was $15 shipped, I have a rivet gun & rivets, maybe this is a cost effective method of making nice quality sheaths. :icon_thumleft:

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
HAHH!!! well my initials are AP so I get a pass.

I'm not looking at cost affective I'm looking at quality and custom for a well deserved quality made knife.

Go ahead, Tell them that that Blade is actually 304 stainless, plasma cut, and tig welded (or your one bad ass mig welder). It don't get much badasser than that.

Its begging for a custom sheath by whatever means folks can muster. And on a personal note.. you got something coming in the mail.
Thanks again AP. I'm so loving this Digger

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
AP at the risk of offending you, because you are WAY smarter than I when it comes to making stuff, I tried the rivet gun. What I failed to realize is that I needed to use backup washers on one of the sides. So if you got the same thickness as me it ends up being about 1/8th inch thick with both pieces together. I only had rivets with a 1/8th inch grab which were too small.

Baldingboy has the digger and sheath at the moment because I bought two sheets of Kydex and he wanted to try his hand at making one. I'll let you know how his turns out.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
mastereagle22 said:
AP at the risk of offending you, because you are WAY smarter than I when it comes to making stuff, I tried the rivet gun. What I failed to realize is that I needed to use backup washers on one of the sides. So if you got the same thickness as me it ends up being about 1/8th inch thick with both pieces together. I only had rivets with a 1/8th inch grab which were too small.

Baldingboy has the digger and sheath at the moment because I bought two sheets of Kydex and he wanted to try his hand at making one. I'll let you know how his turns out.

I broke down and bought some eyelets/rivets and a tool to flare the rivets with. I am going to be putting eyelets in everything now. ;D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
"Eyelets" doesn't that just sound dandy? BB the dandy boy..... ::) ::) ::) :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Just don't make me look too bad when you get yours done BB. PLEASE

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
finished sheath, I had the leather shop sew it, the next one ill sew myself.

Attachments

• Sheath.JPG
    Sheath.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 443

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread