coconutz

Greenie
Aug 1, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! I have a friend that forgot his battery on charge for a few days and the battery caught fire and burned-down his garage. So, I built him a timer, so that he can click on the time he wants to charge it and walk away and it will turn "off" whenever he chooses. Now he doesnt have to worry about burning down his newly rebuilt garage.

I use mostly all Home Depot stuff; the heart of the box is the timer switch, which costs $20 itself. The outlet is situated so that almost all power supplies will easily plug into the outlet without restricting access to the timer switch. I have an Excalibur and it works great! I also installed a green light to let you know the outlet is "hot" or not.

Shoot Rob an email if you want a timer and I'll make one for you too: [email protected]

Attachments

• Hobby Timer.JPG
    Hobby Timer.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 213
OP
OP
coconutz

coconutz

Greenie
Aug 1, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that all the parts combined was about $60. Plus, I'll need money for shipping unless you live near Virginia Beach, VA.

Happy hunting!

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok could you please explain what is so special of your timer. I can find dozens of outlet timers in amazon that cost from $15 to $20 and they seem to give the same result.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
coconutz

coconutz

Greenie
Aug 1, 2010
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The timers you will find are cheap timers designed for a lamp while your on vacation. Additionally, the cheap timers don't have a ground prong, which probably won't affect your MD power supply, but you may want to plug something else into it while the battery is charging. This is just a lot more hearty, has a power plug to allow it to be placed on a table, ect. And, its just way more cool.

I've made a bunch now, mostly for friends, and they love 'em.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well yours does look nice. Anyhow congratulations on your project.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread