Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I currently have the Fisher F2, a great beginner MD that even scored me a gold ring at the beach. We are starting to visit the beach more and I want to be in the water where the real treasures are. I mostly coin hunt at local parks and recreational facilities. I was looking at the Garrett AT Pro, is this a good machine for cash? What other land/water machines are good quality but not overly expensive?

OP
OP
Bassmaster

Bassmaster

Jul 7, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fisher is not waterproof, I found the ring on a volleyball court.

adaminnh

Oct 8, 2012
Franklin new Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You may want to repost this in the regular metal detecting forum. Thats where all brains be. Ive been doing quiet a bit of research and talking with folks on the forum about the at pro. Its definitly seems worth the money to me and i'll upgrade to it soon. However...as far as beach huntings concerned...the at pro is not recommended for salt water use. Dry sands fine but if your gonna be getting into the wet stuff, you may want to look into the sandshark. Check out some of the other posts...

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Bassmaster,

I would say that the AT Pro is a good beach machine. If you are going to be hunting fresh water beaches it will be great! I got mine to hunt rivers in PA and dry sand in MD. If you are going to a beach with little iron, which I do in Florida and Maryland beaches in the water knee deep, I picked up a Whites Dual Field. It is a very deep seeking machine but no discrimination. I would go further out but almost got knocked over by a wave.

Ask in other forums and you are going to get asked a lot of questions like where you are going to be hunting. Where you like to go. Are you going to be in the water, wet sand, or dry sand to name a few.

My personal opinion is there is a right tool for every job. Not only detector but don't forget a very good scoop, it makes searching much more enjoyable!

I also say that the more time you spend using your machine the more you will get to know it and use it more effectively.

Good Luck in your searches (machine&treasure)

ELITE

Jan 1, 2013
louisiana
Detector(s) used
garret at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro is awesome. It is a great machine just found my first silver in the woods with it. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread