GetDiggin Wireless headphone field test

steveouke

Jun 12, 2012
Rose Hill, KS
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 with 8 x 11 DD, Garrett PP, Lesche Digging tool, Sampson shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After spending the day with family I got out to actually use the new headphones from GetDiggin. It was about 6:00 before I got out, dark, and a calm 34 degrees. It took me a few minutes to get the volume set where I wanted. The Ace can definitely overload the transmitter without the inline volume control. I tested this theory by plugging the transmitter directly to the control box. I quickly learned that All I had to do was crack the volume control open and then I could use the volume control on the headphones. The signals sounded different than with my 1970′s realistic stereo phones. They sounded the same as the Bounty Hunter headphones that I have used in the past. The sounds were crisp with no lag. I also noticed that they are extremely comfortable to wear. I liked that I could adjust the headphones to only cover one ear. This is nice while night hunting for safety! All in all I am very impressed with the product. And I agree with Pulltab Miner that it’s nice not being tethered to your detector... The short 30 minute hunt yielded $.51, a bottle cap, and two pulltabs.

Loving the wireless detecting!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wireless is next to goodness and is a classic 'old' American virtue, Freedom. I only hope that we do not loose it due to the apathy of the citizens of this country..........63bkpkr

RIP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread