leoeotw

Dec 14, 2012
Upper East Tn
Detector(s) used
BH VLF Treasure Detector, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's in your pack?

I took a couple of photos of what I pack when I go detecting. Now I am a beginner and I may not have everything I need but I am learning. My main focus on my pack is to keep it compact and light so if I get a chance to go MDing I can grab my X-70 and this pack and I am set.

49845-albums2920-picture726514t.jpg

49845-albums2920-picture726513t.jpg

Let's see what ya got!

Last edited:

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Depends if im going park , beach, or gold detecting. Nonetheless, my packout looks like this . I usually leave all this behind when beach / surf detecting. I will leave the Lesche and coin probes behind if im gold detecting and insert a green plastic scoop and my pick in the holder shown. It can get very hot here , I like to carry some sort of water vessel regardless of the extra weight.

image-3804898838.jpg

image-1764116208.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
leoeotw

leoeotw

Dec 14, 2012
Upper East Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty cool setup. You cover all the detecting bases. gold, beach, coins. I think it would be pretty sweet to be able to do any of those based on your choice for the day! To do anything other than coin/relic I have to travel several hours from home.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget your toilet tissue.

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I try to keep a 1/4 roll, minus the cardboard part in my pants cargo pocket. .. A very valid point you mentioned. Food, water, and toilet paper, will send me back to my camp or vehicle. Although ...In the hills, I have had to take a knife to a sock or t-shirt to take care of "natures business" before. It happens.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leoeotw said:
I took a couple of photos of what I pack when I go detecting. Now I am a beginner and I may not have everything I need but I am learning. My main focus on my pack is to keep it compact and light so if I get a chance to go MDing I can grab my X-70 and this pack and I am set.

Let's see what ya got!
Is that an old uncle henry knife?

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
An extra GP battery is a must in the mountains. No battery meter. It's easy to get a couple miles or more from your camp or vehicle. And TP is a must. Or.. "old Henry" to the shirt or socks.

image-1875019858.jpg

^ "Old Henry" mountain knife ;-)

image-4028072445.jpg

GP batteries ^

Park or Beach MD'ing.. I dont bring batteries. Cozy close to vehicle ..usually. Plus, those detectors have battery meter. nifty.

One thing I did leave out . .. Mountain MD'ing I always have a sidearm. Sometimes Snake chaps.

image-3855904535.jpg

Snake chaps ^

Going to the bottom of the canyon ? Bring a whole damn pack with all the goodies, And a Flask with some scotch, for the night cap overnight stay. That should cover all the bases ?

Last edited:
OP
OP
leoeotw

leoeotw

Dec 14, 2012
Upper East Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gerryk.
Nope. it is a Chinese knock off.

First aid kit or some band aids?
Pistol?

OP
OP
leoeotw

leoeotw

Dec 14, 2012
Upper East Tn
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gerryk.
Nope. it is a Chinese knock off.

First aid kit or some band aids?
Pistol?

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Actually knife isn't an Uncle Henry. Derick Rougeau custom. He's out of Reno. Makes some fine cutlery.

Pistol ? Usually carry Glock 20 SF 10mm , for mountain sidearm
I've been a medic for 21 years, I'll always have some sort of small first aid kit in my pack.

Last edited:

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on the first aid kit. I have been a paramedic for 10 years and always take a substantial kit into the woods. In my truck, I have the ability to start IVs, administer some emergency meds, Oxygen, etc.

The places I go are 60+ miles to the nearest person and usually at least a 10 hour drive. Away from the truck, I carry the basics to stop blood loss and deal with a snakebite.

WM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions