CTX 3030 Screen Protector and WM10 Rain Cover

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I purchased a rain cover for the WM10 that I saw on EBay. While the design may work well for a 90-degree plug like the GrayGhosts pictured on EBay, it seems less than ideal for the straight headphone jack plug on the standard Minelab headphones. To access the side opening, as seen in the photos, one has to put a bit of strain on the cord to make the tight, 180 degree curve. In my opinion, the design could be improved, at least for straight jack users. However, I do appreciate that the product is being offered.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a cover for both my CTX and wireless module. The CTX cover works well and has a shield for the glare. The glare shield doesn't really work and the plastic on the cover is a dust magnet, but it keeps my control box from getting dinged up and it saves me from having to clean it so often. I had the same issue with the wireless module cover and I ended up breaking the wire at the plug because of the 180 degree turn that I have to make in order to feed the wire through the side of the cover.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread