gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know which bank you have or which bank you're on, but if you want to buy only one and be done with it the Stavro gets my vote. I hear he is a little backlogged now due to his increased following. There is someone selling a similar one these days on ebay that's a little cheaper, search under "metal detector accessories". I guess scoops are like detectors or anything else, if you want a really good one you're going to have to pay a bit more than a cheap one.

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, you get what you pay for. I did see a nice one on ebay, the 6" monster stainless steel scoop. I will check out the Stavro's, is there a web link you can direct me to?? Also, what is the difference between a "long nose" scoop and a short one as far as functionality goes?

Last edited:

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can go to stavrscoop.com to see the Stavro scoops. He is in Ukraine, and you'll need to pay via Western Union, but he is very well known and I had no problem getting my package from over there. I have the evroexcavator 2 2.2, but he has a bunch of different models. I hear there is a backlog on some models now, but if you go to his site you can ask him how long it would be for which ever model you like. He sometimes takes a day to get back to you because of the time zone difference. His first name is Ruslan, and like I said he is good to deal with and his products are among the best in the world.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure wish there was an easy way to delete a post..... when I screw up. Again.

so sorry

Attachments

• Scoop.jpg
    Scoop.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 518
Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've had this monster for a few years now. Darn if I can remember who makes it though, so not much help am I?

It moves about a yard of sand at a time, and digs through near solid concrete. I've got neo-magnets in it, the handle feels like it will never break. Darn thing is a bit heavy though...

But it's got a nice foot pushing thing on the back.

View attachment 737149

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
neo magnets?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Google Images

I think I found the scoop here. You will have to do a bit of research on the company.

The magnets are Neodymium magnets from K&J Magnetics. I get the black plastic coated ones with countersunk holes and use stainless steel bolts. They work great grabbing any small crap iron I might end up digging up.

Here's a couple of photos, with Master, the 'tecting tortoise...

Scoop 5.jpg Scoop3.jpg Scoop4.jpg

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
He's my automatic digger. He can tunnel 30 feet in about a half hour...

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so - which scoop design do you like and why?

OP
OP
lisfisher

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking on ebay just to get some ideas as well, jeez there are so many shapes and designs - still not sure what would be best for me. Some are round scoops, some oval, some squarish and some with an extra long nose, pointy ends, diamond shape ends, seems endless. Just want a scoop for dry sand and possibly some shallow water as well.

texasgold

Jun 5, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw 3 coil package and clean sweep
GIB, that would be the Sunspot Stealth scoop that you have there; I had the same one last summer. Nice construction but I want something a tad bit lighter this time around and prefer an angled handle; otherwise I would order the new 720i from them. I'm thinking of a Stavr scoop myself but money has not changed hands just yet; wish I could find a good used one here in the states but I don't see many scoops come up for sale and rarely see the stavr resold. Nice tortoise btw! Looks like a sulcata. I had a redfoot for a couple of years before I gave him to a better home. I wanted one of those but I got to thinking about the future and how big he would get. I don't fancy having to try to move or pick up a 100lb sulcata tortoise if I had to!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread