Sunspot stealth scoops..... Props to chuck

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I bought the 720i a few months back and I have to say this scoop kicks sand. Literally. I have recovered targets easily in some really rough surf conditions.

At some point they recalled a few scoops to weld on some stiffening bars and I begrudgingly sent mine in and had to go to my backup for a week. When I got it back not only was it welded with a great deal of craftsmanship but they also threw in a new set of mounting hardware, extra gloves, and returned my hi powered magnet I had originally installed in the scoop.

Thats awesome customer service. Hats off to chuck and sunspot. The stealth is A plus in my book.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A plus from me too!

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
me too! i ordered one a few years ago, love it!

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Yea, I can't wait to get to the beach next weekend and dig the whispers with PI dual field. Another thing I like about the Stealth 720i is; I put the lift support handle on it as we'll and use it to crawl up the stealth handle every time a big wave passes. LOL! It works!

Pi_Rat

Feb 11, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Excal II 8" Stealth scoop 720i
Primary Interest:
News on the 720i. I would avoid this scoop like the plague. Its is well built and heavy duty, but over sized and completely unnecessary. And on top of that over priced. Smaller scoops that are less expensive do the same job. Their business practices are poor too. I had ordered the 720i with 1/4" inch holes and they shipped me the 720i with 1/2" holes. They have yet to refund me the difference. A bunch of empty promises. They suggested sending it back and they would refund shipping. I suggested just send me a refund for the difference of $10 dollars and save us both the trouble of shipping. Looks like I was correct. If I would have sent it back I'm sure shipping would have come out of my pocket for their mistake. They have yet to refund me the $10 dollars and I notified them more than a month ago. I included some pics to show that they sent the wrong scoop. Overall avoid this scoop and company.

IMG_0265.jpg IMG_0266.jpg

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
I have had great experiences with Sunspot! The 720i works for me. So they made a mistake. So what. I notice that people want to pole vault over mouse terds these days and be so intolerant. Well, just reminds me to be more foregiving of other people's mistakes cause I make them too.

Chuck-N-Detroit

Oct 18, 2010
Warren, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Equinox and Deus
Primary Interest:
Unhappy with the Sunspot Stealth 720i

News on the 720i. I would avoid this scoop like the plague. Its is well built and heavy duty, but over sized and completely unnecessary. And on top of that over priced. Smaller scoops that are less expensive do the same job. Their business practices are poor too. I had ordered the 720i with 1/4" inch holes and they shipped me the 720i with 1/2" holes. They have yet to refund me the difference. A bunch of empty promises. They suggested sending it back and they would refund shipping. I suggested just send me a refund for the difference of $10 dollars and save us both the trouble of shipping. Looks like I was correct. If I would have sent it back I'm sure shipping would have come out of my pocket for their mistake. They have yet to refund me the $10 dollars and I notified them more than a month ago. I included some pics to show that they sent the wrong scoop. Overall avoid this scoop and company.

View attachment 794766 View attachment 794767

Hello PI Rat,
Sorry you are not happy with anything. I was on vacation when this thing (the $10 refund delay) happened and I am sorry my employee sent the wrong scoop. I am sure you are kidding when you said that we tried to screw you out of $10.

I just checked and see that Lyndia sent a check Monday for the $10.

I have a great solution:

Please send the scoop back and we will give you a full refund, pay for shipping back and I will throw in an additional $30 for your trouble. Please post here if you agree and I will send a check right away providing you agree to return the scoop.

We not only have a life time warranty but you need to be happy from the start!

Regards,
Chuck
Manufacturer of the Stealth Scoops

Petrie502

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
Louisville Kentucky
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS (Combat Marine retired)
SEMPER FIDELIS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that's AWESOME CUSTOMER SERVICE CHUCK KOODOS TO YOU! ALL BS ASIDE I LIVE IN KY BUT I WANT TO BUY YOUR SCOOP BECAUSE I AM GOING TO START WATER HUNTING. I AM MEDICALLY RETIRED FROM THE MARINE CORPS DUE TO THOSE STUPID IEDS IN THE MID EAST SO I GET TO DETECT ALOT THIS WILL BE MY FIRST YEAR FRESH WATER HUNTING.. BUT YOU DONT SEE CUSTOMER SERVICE LIKE THIS ANYMORE, PLEASE PM ME WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET THIS SCOOP AND THE PRICE. THANKS FOR BEING AN HONEST BUISNESSMAN

Hello PI Rat,
Sorry you are not happy with anything. I was on vacation when this thing (the $10 refund delay) happened and I am sorry my employee sent the wrong scoop. I am sure you are kidding when you said that we tried to screw you out of $10.

I just checked and see that Lyndia sent a check Monday for the $10.

I have a great solution:

Please send the scoop back and we will give you a full refund, pay for shipping back and I will throw in an additional $30 for your trouble. Please post here if you agree and I will send a check right away providing you agree to return the scoop.

We not only have a life time warranty but you need to be happy from the start!

Regards,
Chuck
Manufacturer of the Stealth Scoops

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive got the 720 and its a work of art.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Primary Interest:
Yes it is a work of art. 720i is my favorite scoop

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I lived close to the water I would definitely grab one up :)

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Sunspot scoop I bought from Chuck and sorry that PI Rat had problems with his order. Let me tell you about the great service Chuck gave me. I called him up last November and said I wanted a scoop because I was getting into water hunting and asked him if he wanted my credit card and he said no, I don't take credit cards. I said I will mail you a check for my scoop and you can ship it when the check clears. He got my mailing address from me and said he would mail the scoop either that afternoon or the next day and to send him a check when my scoop got to the house. I was pleasantly surprised that he trusted someone he had never met or even talked to. By the way, Chuck I said; don't bother sending a handle. I will buy one and put it on myself and he said; you want to be detecting instead of spending time trying to fit a handle to this thing and advised me to buy the handle he offered and I'm glad I did. The first time I used it I found 80 or 90 coins in 2 hours at this swim park and I have used it ever since last November without any problems and it just seems to work better every time I hit the water. He's a great guy and gives great service and if PI Rat wants to keep his scoop he can modify it with some hardware cloth with 1/4 inch holes. I had one item that drove me crazy falling out of my scoop in neck deep water last week, but I wouldn't trade my scoop for anything and I appreciate his honesty and great service and he has a great product. I don't have nearly the experience most of you do in the water, but I'm sold on his product.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am impressed with this scoop..........that you can travel with it, is a huge plus for me.......
Hope to buy one next month when my DoD pay is deposited.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread