Ignorant wireless headphones question

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a pair of wireless headphones (called "Cool Nice", got 'em from Get Diggin online) that work fairly well. A detector with wireless headphones and no curly umbilicus has a sleek and sexy look I really like but there is one thing that bugs me. In any kind of wind the phones pick up a distracting, flapping sort of noise that can get pretty loud (at the beach for example...it's always windy at the beach). It's nothing like the signal a target gives but is distracting. (They also occasionally pick up train and car noise, and my voice).

My question is, is this typical of wireless headphones? (If not I'd probably look for a new set...if so I can live with it, not quite as happily).
Thank ya'all!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Interesting - in theory, the earphones should only be picking up signals from the MD audio transmitter. Now, assuming it is absolutely quiet when their is no wind - I would tend to eamine the earpieces and make sure they are snug against your ears?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get no other signals in my headphones I'm using the ones that came with the v3i love not being tied down to the detector

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread