ATPro VS Etrac help

Jun 6, 2013
Altoona PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well I came back from a summer off and went to get my detector out and found looks like a mouse or something chewed teh wires and coil :dontknow: so anyway... im going to get a new detector and wanted, i like the ATPro...but was thinking about upgrading to the etrac. i know the base things like the ATPro is water proof and all.. but i wanted here hear some Pros and cons of of both to help me choose...

Thx for the help all.

MDZ

mtcooley

Mar 19, 2013
Sanford, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
I have had both. The At pro is waterproof and that is a plus. It all depends on what kind of metal detecting you are doing. I currently have the e-trac and it is one of the better machines for coins that I have found. The at pro does a good job on coins as well as relics. So it comes down to what you want to do with the detector. The at pro is a lighter machine especially with a 5x8 coil.

OP
OP
M
Jun 6, 2013
Altoona PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well Coins for the most part....Jewelry if its there. Relics too but that would be last.

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have both also, with the stock coils the etrac will go deeper for me, i enjoy using both machines at parks, tot lots, etc

sandy shoes

Jun 6, 2013
gloucester mass
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If money is not a problem go for the etrac it is a little better machine but a At pro costs about 1/3 what a etrac costs and is a good machine i have used both and i own a At pro know. good luck

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the one that will end up being the 'better' detector, will be the one that the user is the most familiar with. I don't have an Etrac, but I do have an Explorer II, which is an older 'top of the line' minelab.
The Explorer will have more advantages, if, and only if the user is skilled with the detector. The AT Pro has a much flatter learning curve, therefore it is easier to become 'skilled with, it is lighter and easier to handle. In my case the AT Pro is a better machine (for my use), your mileage may vary.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread