Cheap,Home Made Tumbler

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was surfing the forums and came upon a thread about building a Tumbler from old printer parts. I just happened to have a "junker" sitting around,and went to work tearing it apart!:laughing7: I used a old wal wart transformer (cell phone I think) since I had a pile of them too. This thing works great,and you can use about any bottle you want for the cylinder. It is also quiet! I just add the old clad penny's in the bottle,with some water,and,some BB's,with a drop of dawn dishwashing liquid,and let it tumble for about a hour. Here's a short video of it running.

DigitNY

Jan 1, 2013
Cortlandt NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab 305, Fisher CZ70 Pro, Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome !!! Good job, way to use what you have !!:occasion14:

lawrence_1md

Apr 22, 2013
Murphysboro, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Explorer SE PRO, Minelab Excalibur ii
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love to repurpose things! What kind of media would you use to clean? (besides dawn and water)

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love to repurpose things! What kind of media would you use to clean? (besides dawn and water)
I use aquarium gravel (Wal Mart) around 5.00 for 5 lb. bag. That will last you forever!

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are my hero!

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea! I have the old printer at home along with a power supply. I will have one of these soon.. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread