How to spot a fake Lesche????

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a decent garden trowel for a few years. Then I upgraded to the Garrett digger and it works better. But after buying the Predator Piranha and seeing the quality of the steel and edging, I'm leaning towards buying the Lesche hand digger, and getting rid of the Garrett.

My question is, the current Lesche's have markings on the blade that I don't see on other Lesche-looking diggers for sale. Are these clones or just older model Lesche diggers? Does Minelab and Kellyco sell something that looks the orange handle Lesche? I can look on Ebay and see several sellers selling Lesche's with orange handle. Even right next to a Lesche box.

Does anyone have good knowledge as to what sort of Lesche markings would be on a true Lesche? Are there certain model numbers? I'm leaning twards the Model 75 from Predator tools - but if I can find it $25 cheaper somewhere else, I'd jump.:icon_scratch:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lesche i bought had a different handle than the one my buddy uses...i think his handle was ribbed and mine was smooth...I cant remember if it said "Lesche" on it thou..Plus it was only like 35 bucks.
I got a hunting buddy that is making shovels now , that are freakin amazing!...tough as nails..its based on the Predator tool and made of harden steel. and he makes them with teeth and without..its pretty cool, I actually bought one from him and it was well worth it

Phil_R

Mar 27, 2010
Live Oak, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Garrett / Minelab / Whites / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the markings on a Lesche:

IMG_0301.jpg

A new Lesche digger will have a round sticker over the WWMFG.COM USA on left side of hand-guard.

Phil_R

Mar 27, 2010
Live Oak, FL
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Garrett / Minelab / Whites / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the markings on a Predator/Lesche Big Red:

Predator_017.jpg

Markings on Predator Model 58LT:

IMG_0307_rz.jpg IMG_0306_rz.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handle colors may vary, we have had them come in with red or black handles. Be sure it says Lesche - they are made by Predator Tools and WW Manufacturing. The Gator is NOT a Lesche.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread