Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read some more before you buy.. you will get a lot of different info on this broad question as you did not give sufficient data as to what you want to do..
Read a lot more on this forum and others. All MD work, how much do you want to spend and where are you going to use it are the 2 main items you left out.

OP
OP
B

BLACKTALON

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Read some more before you buy.. you will get a lot of different info on this broad question as you did not give sufficient data as to what you want to do..
Read a lot more on this forum and others. All MD work, how much do you want to spend and where are you going to use it are the 2 main items you left out.

ON the beach and in the woods not interested in water I do not think. my budget for all the stuff I need to start will be $800

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get you an ATPRO! And a propointer!

OP
OP
B

BLACKTALON

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you guys buy from a local store or a internet site for detectors and stuff

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's suppliers on This forum that a lot of people here buy from. They stand over their deals.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am interested in my first detector I have learned from years of other hobbys that buy once cry once for the right tools is what I have to do to enjoy them. Just like reloading, target shooting. I would like to buy the best bang for my buck Detector possible and a place to buy one that is popular and far about pricing.
Thanks for your time
Greg

Buy my new Ace 250 from me.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AT Pro is the best detector for new folks because they are so easy to operate, yet have a great amount of flexibility even for seasoned vets.

OP
OP
B

BLACKTALON

Tenderfoot
Aug 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what is the normal price for a AT pro and a pro pointer?
If anyone sees a black Friday or cyber Monday sale on a AT pro and pointer please let me know

Last edited:

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would buy a new atpro- a deteknix x pointer- and learn how to use them.
different coils can be bought later for different specific types of hunting. The atpro will also
have a good resale value if the hobbies not for you Keep the box and literature safe.
If you do like the hobby, you will be a very long time outgrowing the atpro, and Garrett will look after any problems for sure. luck

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I would buy a new atpro- a deteknix x pointer- and learn how to use them.
different coils can be bought later for different specific types of hunting. The atpro will also
have a good resale value if the hobbies not for you Keep the box and literature safe.
If you do like the hobby, you will be a very long time outgrowing the atpro, and Garrett will look after any problems for sure. luck

+1

just ordered my AT-Pro today with the standard and smaller coil. also got the Deteknix pinpointer. i did a bunch of research and i feel this should fit my needs. im new to MD and will be searching the beach and inland. the ATP fit my budget and needs in a detector. there are MANY different variables so read, read, read and make your choice. GL and HH!

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
+1

just ordered my AT-Pro today with the standard and smaller coil. also got the Deteknix pinpointer. i did a bunch of research and i feel this should fit my needs. im new to MD and will be searching the beach and inland. the ATP fit my budget and needs in a detector. there are MANY different variables so read, read, read and make your choice. GL and HH!

Hi Great choice- good luck with it. If you want to read the beech hunters bible follow this link The Golden Olde

I'd advise following each link and printing each section out. Every time I reread it, I learn something new. Norman Garmush that wrote it was way ahead of his time. Theres heaps of links to wade thru, but well worth it. Luckily Treasurenet is hosting it, because at one time it was getting hard to find. hh

afxtwin

Nov 12, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Deteknix Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Great choice- good luck with it. If you want to read the beech hunters bible follow this link The Golden Olde

I'd advise following each link and printing each section out. Every time I reread it, I learn something new. Norman Garmush that wrote it was way ahead of his time. Theres heaps of links to wade thru, but well worth it. Luckily Treasurenet is hosting it, because at one time it was getting hard to find. hh

thank you! i will definitely check that out.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
+1

It's a good choice. My first detector was a Ace 250 when they first came out. It didn't take me but 6 months and I was ready to move up. The AT Pro has the Ace in it, but push a few buttons and it offers the Pro experience. You got the coil for trash. And a great pinpointer.

Remember, you dig half of the time in this hobby. Get a good digger, like a Lesche or Viking. It's more important than splurging on headphones, IMO.

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good choice. My first detector was a Ace 250 when they first came out. It didn't take me but 6 months and I was ready to move up. The AT Pro has the Ace in it, but push a few buttons and it offers the Pro experience. You got the coil for trash. And a great pinpointer.

Remember, you dig half of the time in this hobby. Get a good digger, like a Lesche or Viking. It's more important than splurging on headphones, IMO.

Yes, I love the Ace 250 but couldn't get the AT Pro until two years later. I love my AT Pro and I don't see any need to get a different machine. I'm a die hard Garrett fan lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread