nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will take a pic fer ya ,, i will list items used,,, old shoe string eyelets from walmart needle and thread and old mil surp cotton duck canvas

Attachments

• Picture 126.jpg
    Picture 126.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is my home made treasure pouch. Made from an indestructible (almost) material that is also used in military vehicle flooring. Also para cord used to bind it all together. I added a hand stitched 2 pocket coin pouch made from an Army ACU sleeve for the inside. It is weatherproof, water proof and very lightweight to carry on my belt. Works great.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419899772.016449.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419899772.016449.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419899823.300756.jpg

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday i will take a pic fer ya ,, i will list items used,,, old shoe string eyelets from walmart needle and thread and old mil surp cotton duck canvas

I can't wait to see them thanks.

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is my 39" shovel I had a metal worker friend cut down to a spade size for digging plugs. Works wonderful and also cuts roots very well. It was just a standard short round shovel. This one is from an old military BII kit shovel lol. It's a bit dirty in the pic.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419900336.522838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419900276.949498.jpg

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went ahead an took one for ya

Thats a good looking pouch. I use a military belt also. They just fit good and can handle a beating lol.

SkinNFluff

Dec 27, 2014
Harrison County, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not finished, but here is the shovel I am currently working on for my son. Seeing my garage is not heated this is as much work as I felt like doing on it today.

DSC02658 (Custom).JPG

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is not finished, but here is the shovel I am currently working on for my son. Seeing my garage is not heated this is as much work as I felt like doing on it today.

View attachment 1098934
interesting..... i swear i have seen shovel for sale like that for around 15 bucks at ace hwd stores . but i may be wrong to where i have seen one like it

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for you guys making shovels...
If ya get a super big and thick "L" bracket you can mount on backside for a "kick".
Mount upside down... like triangle... have to bend to mold it so holes can be drilled and bolted/screwed.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ok here is my beach shovel made from a garden hoe

IMG_3360.JPG

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see all the home made gear

If ya get a super big and thick "L" bracket you can mount on backside for a "kick".
Mount upside down... like triangle... have to bend to mold it so holes can be drilled and bolted/screwed.

Good idea, I had my friend leave the top kick part on mine in the pic a few posts above and in average ground I can't drive it down good. That's a must I learned for digging lol. To hard to push it in the ground.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a homemade shift mesh over the bucket it werks kinda

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea, I had my friend leave the top kick part on mine in the pic a few posts above and in average ground I can't drive it down good. That's a must I learned for digging lol. To hard to push it in the ground.
Here is the thing... If the kick is dead center... you slide into ground with half the effort and less force. In other words... Its easier :)

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need a good beach shovel still. Been working on some ideas but haven't been happy with it yet. I like the one Jeff shared though.

SkinNFluff

Dec 27, 2014
Harrison County, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
interesting..... i swear i have seen shovel for sale like that for around 15 bucks at ace hwd stores . but i may be wrong to where i have seen one like it

My boy found this one laying on the ground back in our woods. I have lost count of how much stuff he has found back there. He saw a video of a guy metal detecting and now he is just waiting for his to arrive. Since watching the video he has been studying local history so he can know what he may possibly find on his hunts. He went to the extent of returning all of his toys Santa brought him in order to buy his metal detector. At only 9 years old he knows what he wants and when he sets his mind to something he does not give up.

SkinNFluff

Dec 27, 2014
Harrison County, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A kick will be installed. I will be picking up the angle when I pick up the pipe for the T handle.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

And yes they do sell shovels like this... they are rare and they do have several different styles... Some even have the "kick" already welded on them... Here in florida I saw the first one being used at my grandmothers condo before she died on a sprinkler hole... I went up and asked where he got it and he told me from the supplier... I looked everywhere for a year or more... none..
then saw em in lowes one day... they are heavier duty than most... I have started seeing them around more and more.
The 2 I own now I bought one at a garage sale... the other at a flea market... one has the kick with a three inch wide by 10-11 in long blade with perfect curve... love it.
The other one had no kick but still cool... had worn out handle so I replaced with extruded tubular aluminium and made it only 3.5 feet long for a short shovel.

OP
OP
ATProAdam

ATProAdam

Jan 25, 2013
Salisbury NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My boy found this one laying on the ground back in our woods. I have lost count of how much stuff he has found back there. He saw a video of a guy metal detecting and now he is just waiting for his to arrive. Since watching the video he has been studying local history so he can know what he may possibly find on his hunts. He went to the extent of returning all of his toys Santa brought him in order to buy his metal detector. At only 9 years old he knows what he wants and when he sets his mind to something he does not give up.

Thats awesome. He will love it and I wish I'd gotten into it at a younger age. I'm only 32 though lol. I got an extra copy of GARRETT's book successful coin hunting and it's sitting on the shelf. I'd love to send it to him for free. Just message me your address if you want it. It came with my AT Pro and I already had a copy of it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419902922.907185.jpg it's in great shape.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread