Best belt pouch

Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every since I started detecting I've been using an old newspaper delivery boy shoulder bag. Now that I'm spending more time at the hobby this system is getting very clumsy and tiring.
Any opinions on which belt pouch has the best design and durability? I've been looking at the heavy canvas offerings from Tessoro, Whites, and Garrett. But I'm open to all options.
Thanks

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on how big you want it to be. I use a Milspec booty bag, made from 1000 denier Cordura, so it is incredibly durable. It has a main pouch with a heavy mesh bottom, and 2 zippered pockets for the better finds. It's not huge, so it wouldn't be good for large objects or a lot of junk, but the quality is fantastic.

milspec.jpg

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use an old Fanny pack, would never spend $40 on a bag. No matter what the price or quality, the zip will freeze up with fine sand.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The zippers on the one I posted a link to are the large heavy duty plastic type zippers like the ones used on diving equipment. I've been using two of these for 2 years in saltwater and land and never had a problem with durability. I guess if you never planned on water hunting a nail pouch from Home Depot would work, but for keeping any kind of valuable find safe in water hunting it is a great pouch.

Last edited:

vilechild

Jan 20, 2015
Upstate, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a condor tactical belt
Condor Tactical Belt (Black, Up to 44-Inch Waist) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003MYJTYO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_XaSqvb0YXPQQ5
And two mag dump pouches
VISM by NcStar Folding Dump Pouch, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OZHIZO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_9bSqvb1ADNV9C

They work great and just spray them off with a hose when they get dirty. Reason I like the mag dump pouches is because you can fold them up on your belt when not in use. There really just for all the trash I find, I have a small plastic box I put my good finds in.

dirtyJohn

Nov 30, 2007
Whiskey Junction, IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD2, Tesoro Tiger Shark, DetectorPro Uniprobe, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hesitate to recommend this since a lot of people want to buy on the cheap, but I like my Sunray pouch. It's not cheap but it's excellent quality and has a built in sheath for a lesche.
SUN RAY Q
HH
John

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Depends on how big you want it to be. I use a Milspec booty bag, made from 1000 denier Cordura, so it is incredibly durable. It has a main pouch with a heavy mesh bottom, and 2 zippered pockets for the better finds. It's not huge, so it wouldn't be good for large objects or a lot of junk, but the quality is fantastic.

View attachment 1153888
Looks to be well built, any inside pictures of the bag ?

Last edited:

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1153888

Milspec also makes the trash pouch, sheath for your digger, and a pinpoint holder if you want it. Its pricey but they are well made. Can't remember how much I paid but I like their products. Each item comes with velcro so when you place them on their belt they won't slide around. If I'm not mistaken their stuff is made by Vets so I didn't mind paying more. I've had mine around two years.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Milspec also makes the trash pouch, sheath for your digger, and a pinpoint holder if you want it. Its pricey but they are well made. Can't remember how much I paid but I like their products. Each item comes with velcro so when you place them on their belt they won't slide around. If I'm not mistaken their stuff is made by Vets so I didn't mind paying more. I've had mine around two years.

Yes, the gear is made by Van Queen of Milspec Metal Detecting. The gear he makes is nice, but apparently there have been some honesty/integrity issues with him. People have been paying him for items and he doesn't send them out. I myself had to wait almost 3 months to get what I ordered, and that was after several attempts from me and Jeremy Vance (Vance Metal Detecting) contacting him via phone and email. He would lie and say he was shipping them and then wouldn't follow through. Apparently this happened with many people. I didn't realize the scope, so I can no longer recommend the purchase unless a secondary vendor happens to have them on hand.

deepclaw

Apr 22, 2015
Melbourne
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opinions on which belt pouch has the best design and durability? I've been looking at the heavy canvas offerings from Tessoro, Whites, and Garrett. But I'm open to all options.
Thanks

I wouldn't pay more than 5 dollars for any pouch. I bought one from ebay for less than 5 dollars. Can be found with this title:
utility waist
...then sorting from lowest to highest price.

Haven't yet received mine. All I know is that every branded "metal detector brand" pouch gives me aversions; they're so tacky and expensive. I don't want to be advertising their brand for free while paying them a fortune for the privilege.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't pay more than 5 dollars for any pouch. I bought one from ebay for less than 5 dollars. Can be found with this title:
utility waist
...then sorting from lowest to highest price.

Haven't yet received mine. All I know is that every branded "metal detector brand" pouch gives me aversions; they're so tacky and expensive. I don't want to be advertising their brand for free while paying them a fortune for the privilege.

And as they say, you get what you pay for.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use a nail pouch ($0.88) at Home Depot last year, for parks, schools, and houses. One side is trash the other treasure. I do have some Army LBE with a Relic pouch mounted for fields.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I say: You get what you pay for, sometimes.
and
"nothing will make me wear that ugly pouch with the obnoxious logo"
and
"it's worth more to be brandless."
and
"canvas is overrated"

:D

That's why I am glad I have the pouch that I do. American made and carefully hand crafted with high-end materials. Not your average Chinese sweatshop junk.

OP
OP
H

Honeyman

Apr 5, 2015
Cleveland OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the input guys. The nail pouch idea appeals to me. Heavy duty leater and I can buy it locally. I'll probably put a grommet in it with an S hook to hang my digger from!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread