Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO..its a Great tool...its pretty much what I use daily when detecting...I did end up getting a crack in one after 4 years of Abuse..not use..but Abuse.lol...I have a new one but still use that one for backup or if my kids are detecting with me.

OP
OP
zman1403

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Diggin

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
zman1403

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks airscapes I actually have a set like that from my bike parts. I will try them on.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The oem grip is held on with some stickum.. I put my blade in a vice and use a pair or channel locks and a pry bar to work off the plastic grip. Then used compressed air in the small hole of the grip as you push it on.. blows up like a rubber glove and slides right on.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Lesche hand digger is a great tool to have in your digging belt ! I find myself using the screwdriver for shallow retrievals almost all the time now , because it is less work , now that I have a stronger pin-pointer to use 8-)

James/Texas

Mar 6, 2008
Edinburg, Texas
Detector(s) used
Many. A lot. Whole bunch. Several.
I am on my 2nd Lesche. Only because I use it hard, abuse it on every trip and sharpen it quite often. It never did break but it did get somewhat shorter from my sharpening. I still have it and let newbys use it so they can see how well it works. I find the grip comfortable enough even in my concrete like soil with the only problem being that the grip loosened and would twist on the shaft. I completely fixed this by removing the grip and adding one layer of black electrician's tape the length of the shaft. The grip is rock solid and has not slipped at all since adding the tape. You WILL NOT find a better digger on the market than the Lesche!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lesche hand digger is a great tool to have in your digging belt ! I find myself using the screwdriver for shallow retrievals almost all the time now , because it is less work , now that I have a stronger pin-pointer to use 8-)

Maybe that was you digging all those little holes in my yard.. you got a fluffy fancy tail and little beady eyes?

I agree and have not dug a plug for a target 3" or less since getting the TRX and learning to pop the coins. It is so dry now here I end up with a squirrel hole and a hand full of dust .. can't close the slit.. maybe need me a squirrel mask..

OP
OP
zman1403

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snap-On I presume.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Instead of changing handles, sharpening, etc., I just bought an Ironclad Viking. The only fear about no longer having it would be losing it. It ain't gonna break or wear out.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About all I use the Lesche for is "picking" at the hole once I have it dug with either my larger Wilcox or Sampson. The Lesche even when sharpened doesn't do a great job of making a plug. I would give it a 6 out of 10 on plug making, but it is pretty good at doing more finite digging and the handle guard is helpful because you can pull on it for leverage. Nonetheless, I still will place the blade in a cargo pocket and use it by itself occasionally when I am trying to keep a low profile in my digging.

OP
OP
zman1403

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Phantasman and Poitman

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had a Leshe for 10 years +/-. Very well made and handy in use.

OP
OP
zman1403

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Charlie. Very satisfied so far. Looks well made.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the Lesche tool. It is nice and sturdy. What I do not like about it is the serrated edge rips at grass more than cuts is. I could use it the opposite direction from where I normally cut but that just feels weird. So I bought a Predator Raptor. It will be here tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread