watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started detecting 10 years ago I bought a Hori which lasted about a year-and-a-half.
It was a great digger but then one day it snapped in half. After that incident, I bought a Lesche Digger and it's been great.

NOTE: The only close call I had with the Hori is when my had slipped off the handle onto the blade. . . I'm glad I had my gloves on.

About a year after I got the Lesche, I took the red grip off and replaced it with a thick, bicycle grip. . . more leverage & no more sore hands.

This summer, I picked up a new White's Digger as a back-up. It has a soft, comfort handle and it looks every bit as good or better than the Lesche.

OP
OP
Hot Rockin

Hot Rockin

Greenie
Aug 21, 2016
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After checking the stores close to home, and finding nothing ,I made a trip to Menards.
I have not had a chance to use it yet. Wanted to get some photos before I used it.
Have to say I am surprised at how heavy it is. You can see the center of the handle is a semi clear gel. I believe the metal goes through the handle because the top is also solid metal. But have no way to know for sure. The blade is thicker than a full size shovel I own. I have tried to bend the blade and handle with my hands and it is sold.
A good buy at the sale price of $6.99 but also worth the reg price of $12.99.
The leather sheath was less than $5 and is made for a pair of pliers you find in the tool dept.

SAM_0304_1.JPG SAM_0305_2.JPG SAM_0308_5.JPG SAM_0309_6.JPG SAM_0310_7.JPG SAM_0311_8.JPG

Last edited:

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
I use a garden knife all of the time to cut out plugs at places like schools and parks because the shovel looks like a broadsword to onlookers. They cut the sod really nice, but you can not do any serious prying with them. I broke the first one after a couple months and bought another one. I always have it in my back pocket when in "sensitive" areas.

Ben Had

Jan 16, 2018
ESVA
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
XP Deus WS6 Master
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There’s A 6 page thread about this “ check this digger out”...

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My digging tool always seems to freak people out when I use it in public parks, and curb strips. Sheesh, you just can't figure some people out! :skullflag:

Attachments

• bo18.jpg
    bo18.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 144

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread