Truck Topper

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to add here. When shopping you need to make provisions for locking other than the locks in the handles!!! Can't stress this enough! Those are wafer locks that can be raked (picked) open by a three year old. I've opened them for people by just rapping them with a screwdriver handle! Second the middle without the tab will flex enough to let the rods go past the side and open. If you have a shell it'll draw thieves to peek inside like flies.

If you're looking to keep your detector in the truck all the time consider a good quality across the bed tool box with a couple heavy duty hasps & padlocks added. Also, if you have an alarm system, you can add a pin switch to the doors and tie them into your alarm system.

I hope this helps you make a good decision and we don't see you posting Lost my detecting gear from my shell.

OP
OP
emmette

emmette

Tenderfoot
Mar 5, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, BH Pinpointet
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
10/4,, Good advice. Thanks

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally wouldn't keep anything of value in my truck. Some butthole just relieved me of my tie down straps Monday night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions