Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try as I might, with reading glasses and magnifying glass, I struggle to read the dates on coins, even when cleaned somewhat. Problem solved. I still can't believe I solved this problem for $5.35. It's a Jewelers Loupe and I am stunned by the quality for that price, and that includes 4 day free shipping. Anyone interested, here is the link on Ebay:

Mini Illuminated 40X - 25mm Jewelers Loupe / Magnifier with LED Lights | eBay

It is so easy to read the dates it is almost unbelievable, especially for under six dollars.

TxDigger2

Apr 26, 2017
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab 705
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the same one! Put it on a lanyard and hang it around my neck, first time out I was digging for a target, and digging and digging, kept getting a signal but couldn't figure out why the target kept moving. It was the loupe swinging over my coil everytime I leaned over!!:BangHead:

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny. I carry mine in my finds pouch in it's plastic case. Use it every time I go a hunting.

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
I also have the very same thing. I paid $2.50 at Amazon. Best part is you can get a new one for the price of new batteries.

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing deal for us hard of seeers.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a couple loupes but they stay home.

If I have a coin I suspect is old or a goodie I don't try and remove the dirt and crud until I get home and soak it a bit to loosen up the grunge. It goes from dug into a baggie in the field.

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Thanks for the heads up.....2 for $5.60 free ship FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES ! How DO they do THAT ?
Good thread. UPS goes by dimensions on ground...Actual Dimensions (actual and dim) says the sticker.....HEY , I resemble that.

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Exactly what I need! Thanks for the link. Just ordered one.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the link Vern. I'm gonna grab me one of those!

Awesome post TX! I could totally see me doing that wondering where the UFO is?!?!?!?!

OP
OP
V

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A couple of weeks ago I ordered 4 more as gifts to my 4 brothers. Three whom MD. They are pleased.

P.ALLEN

Jun 8, 2017
A2 Michigan
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre, Ace 250, CMS magnetics, Garrett pinpointer, Fiskars trenching spade.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bausch and lomb makes a jewelers loup, I've used in Geology work. I also have a larger one with an led build in, nothing to write home about but it works and was cheap

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....Thanks for the heads up.....2 for $5.60 free ship FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES ! How DO they do THAT ?
Good thread. UPS goes by dimensions on ground...Actual Dimensions (actual and dim) says the sticker.....HEY , I resemble that.
I buy these by the dozen. They are laying around everywhere. and they disappear. So when I struggle to find one I reorder. Genius.
4x4 they can do this because of there cost of living over there. You can eat a meal in a restaurant for 1.50 US and a big beer is .29 cents. Its interesting to see how economies survive based on their currency scale. The average worker in China or India will never save in their lifetime enough money to buy one plane ticket to the US let alone the cost once they get here. The reason why we see so many Indians and Chinese persons with the same last names is because they are wealthy family names and can afford to travel and send their kids to school abroad. SO it cost very little to send the package our way but would cost at least three times that if we shipped from here over there. Crazy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions