love my new knee pads!!

muddyrock

Jun 19, 2016
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After almost year back into the hobby I broke down and purchased a set of knee pads. I was tired of going in to the coffee shop after a hunt with wet, dirty knees and the wife yelling at me :cussing: because all my jeans are getting stained knees lol. I got these, https://www.lowes.com/pd/AWP-Non-Marring-Polyester-Cap-Knee-Pads/50175681. They aren't heavy duty but boy I tell ya, I wish I got some sooner!! The first hole I kneeled down to dig I was in love!! Really figured I would use these once or twice and in the closet they would go to never see light again. I was wrong, I will use these every time out, like kneeling down on a pillow. Yea they want to move a little but for the price I'm happy.

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair very similar to these ones here..........

Knee Pads.jpg

Not only are they super easy on the knees, but the lower strap is more of a hook and loop system and almost never slips.

The top strap is the usual Velcro that you can practically get away with not doing up at all, and they still won't slide down your legs.

I hunt for many, many hours at a time, and almost never have to retighten the lower strap.

They also don't dig into the back of my legs with pants on, but if just wearing shorts (for comfort mainly) I slip a small rag in between my leg and the strap, and I'm good to go for hours.

Vern2

Jan 26, 2017
Leesburg Ga
Detector(s) used
Tesoro DeLeon;
Red Racer
Garrett carrot, Makro PP
Lesche shovel and knife
Killer B's head phones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Muddyrock, I have the same pair and I find them to be really decent for the money. I give the pads 4 stars, simply because on damp mornings, they do get wet, and will come through to your jeans.
I'm thinking of a hard shell maybe later.
My wife doesn't complain about my dirty jeans, just the sand in my left pocket were I store my coins.

pinenut

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2016
where bigfoot roams
Detector(s) used
Various Tesoro - mostly Bandido II μMAX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Harbor Freight cheapos...

My favorites are these from HF. Cheap enough to replace every couple months, lightweight and comfortable. I usually buy 2-3 sets at a time.

Black Cap Knee Pads

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$24.95 at Sears, two-years ago. Still great!:skullflag:

Attachments

• CKP.jpg
    CKP.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 153

haxor

Aug 23, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just using a gardening foam board for both knees (with handle) from the dollar store.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Skipper: I like that. Tactical knee pads. I wonder how they are tactical. Seal Team 6? Funny.
When I was a caver I used those same knee protectors athletic players sometimes use. Elastic
type. Then I would duct tape them in place. Hard caps would get stuck on rocks etc when crawling.
They wear out but don't drive me nuts with the straps.
I really don't care for anything with a hard cap. Just me.

skipper1

Greenie
Jul 8, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tactical, I know. I thought I should be carrying a gun and have night vision goggles.
I've never cared for knee pads because when you start sweating they give you a rash (shorts almost year round here in Dallas) but my knees are so screwed up, I gotta try something. I have to admit that these feel pretty good, the test of course will be in the field.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread